Easy Origami Valentine's Gnome - STEAM Valentine's Day Project
Learn how to make an origami Valentines gnome with your students this Valentine's Day. A great introduction to the basics of origami folding. Looking at squares, diamonds, diagonals and triangles.
PLEASE NOTE: if you have purchased my Christmas Origami Gnome, this is the same craft, reshared to show you it to you as a Valentine's Activity. Please do NOT purchase again!
Students are encouraged to use plain white paper, to then “doodle color” their orgami projects and turn them into little seasonal Valentines Gnomes. This avoids the need for the more expensive red/white origami paper and also gives opportunity for more creativity and detail.
The aim is to introducing basic origami skills. Encouraging the development of spatial awareness and fine motor skills, whilst encouraging reading and following instructions.
A fun arty project based to compliment a STEAM lesson plan during the festive season.
· Simple maths – squares, diamonds, diagonals, triangles and symmetry
· Reading and following instructions
· Fine motor skills (folding and decorating)
· Fun seasonal activity
· 1 page lesson plan
· 1 page - handy ONE page worksheet for economical printing
PLEASE NOTE: if you have purchased my Christams Origami Gnome, this is the same craft, reshared to show you it to you as a Valentine's Activity. Please do NOT purchase again!
· Square piece of white printer paper– any size works – 15 x 15 cm used in this example
· Coloring pens for decorating/ details as desired
· Scissors (if cutting your own squares)
· Decorate the gnomes for different seasons (we are resharing this as Valentine's Gnomes, please do not download them twice)
· Use as bookmarks
· Use as part of a garland
· Use as a little tree ornament