Books for Beginning Readers (Set of 3)
You are invited to download the FREE preview first, by clicking on the "Download Preview" button! The preview includes...
1. One complete booklet "Kick"
2. Instructions for assembling the booklets
This is a small collection of short and simple books that is designed to spark an interest in reading in young children (from 4 to 6 years old). I have also used these with older children who have special needs.
My kids loved "reading" these books (from memory at first), and they particularly enjoyed the surprise endings! Through reading and rereading these books, they picked up some important reading concepts:
1. reading makes sense
2. letters make sounds
3. words are combinations of letters
4. stories are combinations of words
5. left to right/top to bottom directionality
6. one-to-one correspondence (word to print)