Fun with more DOODLE Corner Bookmarks. Create these easy Skeleton Corner Bookmarks inspired the Day of the Dead Sugar Skull designs. Full of vibrant colors and symbols, this makes for a great STEAM Origami Project for both Halloween and The Day of the Dead.
If you love this bookmark corner, you may also want to check out our Dancing Day of the Dead Skeletons. Perfect for a Funny Bones story!
Introducing basic origami skills, whilst making a practical craft and encouraging reading with these handmade bookmarks.
Perfect for seasonal studies around:
* Day of the Dead/ Sugar Skulls
* Mexico Study Units
The purchase is made up of three printable sheets:
* Lesson Plan Overview, including benefits and space for notes
* 2 printable worksheets - one showing how to make an origami bookmark corner and the second, how to customise the bookmark into a sugar skull
PLEASE NOTE: This does not contain a template, though creating your own circles to trace around may be of benefit. These are WORKSHEETS with instructions. There are NO TEMPLATES included. The worksheets are designed to upskill students to learn how to transform a regular corner bookmark into something new. Once they get the hang of this activity, they can go on to invent their own designs.
* Develop fine motor skills & accuracy
* Reading skills & following instructions
* Looking at symmetry & shapes
* Discussing symbolisms of Sugar Skulls and Day of Dead colours and shapes
Essentially store cupboard materials -
* White printer paper
* Pens/ pencils
* Glue stick
A freevideo version of this craft is available to view with the class on Red Ted Art. Why not browse the rest of our Easy Origami for Kids resources too? And do let me know which you would enjoy seeing Printable resources for!