Learn how to make a classic Origami Bookmark Corner and then how to quickly and easily transform it into a cute paper TIGER bookmark. Introducing basic origami skills, whilst making a practical craft and encouraging reading with these handmade bookmarks. This is one of the most popular Red Ted Art Christmas Bookmark designs!
This tiger bookmark is a perfect activity for Year of the Tiger, for exploring the Chinese Zodiac or any wild life study units.
The bookmarks make great little gifts all year round, but are also make popular in school fundraising ideas! As they are inexpensive to make, but are practical and look nice too.
The purchase is made up of three printable sheets:
* Lesson Plan Overview, including benefits and space for notes
* 2 printable worksheets - one showing how to make an origami bookmark corner and the second, how to customise the bookmark into a TIGER bookmark design
PLEASE NOTE: these are WORKSHEETS with instructions. There are NO TEMPLATES included. The worksheets are designed to upskill students to learn how to transform a regular corner bookmark into something new. Once they get the hang of this activity, they can go on to invent their own designs.
* Develop fine motor skills & accuracy
* Reading skills & following instructions
* Looking at symmetry & shapes
* Writing practice
* Orange square piece of paper 8x8 inch
* White, cream, black scraps of paper
* Black pen
* Glue stick
Why not browse the rest of our Easy Origami for Kids resources too? And do let me know which you would enjoy seeing Printable resources for!