Make close reading “stick” with the ideas that Art with Jenny K. and I are sharing in this video. You’ll learn creative ways to introduce close reading, help students annotate texts, and work through close reading. We’ve got lots of ideas for you and tons of resources in the supporting documents for this video.
Be sure to download the supporting documents. You’ll find…
- Directions for playing a “close reading” game
- Close reading mission cards
- Instructions and materials for making close reading stickers
- Details about annotation pencil flags
Looking for more fun ways to teach close reading? Check out these favorites!
• Doodle and Do Close Reading
- Doodle Notes and Close Reading Missions
• Close Reading Mini-Unit
- Passages and Fun Practice!
• Close Reading – “What is Your Life’s Blueprint?”
- Martin Luther King Jr. Speech Analysis
• Close Reading Collaboration Poster
- Created by Art with Jenny K!
More of our Videos!
• Fun Ways to Teach Sequencing
• Ordinary to Extraordinary Ideas for Your Classroom
• How to Build Collaboration in Your Classroom
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
*** Click HERE
to receive the Brain Waves Instruction Newsletter
filled with exclusive FREEBIES and Teaching Tips!
Thanks so much for checking out this video!
Brain Waves Instruction