This is an easy prep activity and children are able to play with the cards independently. It meets several common core standards and works well with cooperative learning groups.
- a color editable ice cream set for playing a game, reading and sorting activities, or for displaying on boards and walls
- black and white ice cream set for an independent center
- cover page, worksheets, game instructions, and teacher checklists
- differentiated worksheets
- Add words to the scoops, add word families to the cones, print the pages, cut and laminate.
- Print color ice cream scoops and cones on A3.
- Worksheets can be made into a booklet.
Children will practice and learn to – Recognize and produce rhyming words, blend and segment onsets and rimes of single-syllable spoken words, isolate and pronounce the initial, medial, vowel, and final sounds in cvc words, add or substitute individual sounds in simple, one-syllable words to make new words, and associate the long and short sounds with the commons spellings for the five major vowels.
Thank you for downloading this resource. Check out my other products at my TpT store https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Debbie-Nurse