If you're not tracking your students' reading, many may not giving it their all. Here's an easy to use tracking system for the teacher and a hard-to-resist lure for the students!
If you’re short on time but want to be better at getting your students to read independently in class and at home while tracking their progress, this one-of-a-kind, easy to implement Reading Tracking Kit is for you.
Independent Reading Tracking Kit comes with:
1. 31 Independent Tracking Sheets for any Chapter Book up to 750 pages long!- What makes this program so different and successful is that each student receives a pre-numbered tracking sheet based on the number pages in the chapter book they are reading (Kit covers chapter books anywhere from 71 to 750 pages long). Easy to use tracking sheets allow students to quickly code their tracking sheet each day (can be used in school and again at home).
2. Bulletin Board Display Awards -When a student fills up their Tracking Sheet and has completed a chapter book, teacher adds the student’s name to a Large “Monster Book” and displays it proudly.
3. Optional Bulletin Board Bar Graph (Competitive) - Teacher fills in a Name Plates for each student. Smaller “Monster Books” are earned each time a student fills up their Tracking Sheet and has completed a chapter book. Teacher arranges names horizontally across the bottom of a bulletin board or white board and books are placed vertically above students’ names for bar graph-style competition.
4. Monster Bookmarks to get students excited.
5. File Labels already set up!
Traditional reading logs can be hard for students to fill out and harder for the teacher to keep track of. How many times have you asked your students to read independently but you are unable to quickly asses how much they read or if the students even read at all? Unless you are meticulous at keeping lists and checking for parent signatures, tracking independent reading progress can be time-consuming and frustrating. Do you really even know how long a student has been reading that same book or has switched books without finishing the other?
How the Tracking Sheet works- Students will track how many pages they have read for ONE chapter book at a time. The reason this program is more successful than any reading log you’ve used in the past is because I have created 31 different reading tracking sheets based on how many pages are in that student’s book. Students will be able to see how many pages they read each day by coding (either with color or with letters) their easy-to-use tracking sheet. The teacher will quickly be able to visually see if students are reading, how much they are reading, and how quickly they are finishing a book.
Tracking sheets naturally are a great way to track data. Tracking sheets easily monitor which days your students are reading, now much they are reading, and how quickly they are finishing a book.
When students have finished a book, file their tracking sheet for later reference. They are great for use at parent conferences, student-led conferences, or conferencing with individual students.
Everything you need to get your students motivated is included...