Echo, the 2016 Newberry honor book by Pam Munoz Ryan, is a magical work of historical fiction masterfully woven with fantasy.
The story follows the lives of characters from prior to World War II to post World War II. Students will love the story of characters who overcome adversity and achieve greatly. I love this book!
I have included:
1. Guided comprehension questions.
2. Analyzing specific text.
3. A list of vocabulary from the text along with definitions for easy access.
4. Writing prompts with answer samples.
5. Analyzing the significance of figurative language in the text.
6. Understanding the use of foreshadowing in the text.
7. A list of possible research topics.
8. Understanding theme with a writing sample.
9. Understanding vocabulary through writing with a writing sample.
10. Comprehension quizzes
11. Vocabulary quizzes
12. Answer Keys
Echo Analyzing Text
by Dianne Watson
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License