Eclipse Lesson - Solar and Lunar - This lesson package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), an auto-graded Exit Ticket to check student understanding, a comprehension reading, a lab station activity, a video worksheet, an eclipse online simulation with questions, and a student lesson handout as a document. The presentation is fun and applicable with FOUR videos embedded into the lesson and many opportunities for inquiry-based learning and discussion.
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
The minds-on inquiry activities are meant to break down student misconceptions and help guide them to the correct concepts.
In order, the lesson covers:
- Eclipse overview
- Solar eclipse
- Video worksheet with answers
- Lunar eclipse
- Online simulation
Included in the lesson package is:
- Google and Office versions of each resource
- An auto-graded Exit Ticket
- Lab Station Activity
- Eclipse Comprehension Reading
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- THREE videos embedded into the presentation
- Online simulation with questions and answers
- Video worksheet with answers
- Student lesson handout
***********This activity can also be found bundled at a significant discount in my Eclipse - Solar and Lunar - Complete 5E Lesson Bundle. If you'd like to take a look, please CLICK HERE.
- "Great resource. Thank you for embedding videos and a simulation!"
- "Lots of info and very thorough!"
- "Great resource! LOVED the videos! thanks!"
- "very helpful, thank you!"
- "My students enjoyed this power point and the notes that went with it. It was exactly what we needed to help us understand the differences between the two different types of eclipses."
- "Great bundle to teach a difficult/confusing topic. We liked it."
- "The simulator was great for my students."
- "Fabulous resource! Thank you so much!"
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
This lesson can also be found within the Space Unit by clicking here.
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.