Also included in
- Eclipse - Solar and Lunar. Everything you need to teach a unit on Eclipses. This fully-editable, no prep bundle follows the 5E model and provides step-by-step instructions on how to implement it in your classroom. Each included resource is either completely or almost completely self-contained meanin$14.97$28.46Save $13.49
- MS-ESS1-1 Earth's Place in the Universe - A NGSS Bundle for middle school students. Everything you need in one tidy package including a daily teaching schedule, lessons, activities, and assessments. The daily schedule covers 9 teaching days which can be reduced or expanded as needed.This fully-edita$43.97$87.88Save $43.91
- MS-ESS1 1-4 - Earth's Place in the Universe - A NGSS Bundle of Bundles for middle school students. This package includes my MS-ESS1-1, MS-ESS1-2, MS-ESS1-3, and MS-ESS1-4 bundles. Everything you need in one tidy package including daily teaching schedules for each standard, lessons, activities, and a$78.97$156.75Save $77.78
Eclipse - Solar and Lunar - A Digital, Device-Based resource that will get your kids out of their seats, engaged, utilizing technology, and collaborating to solve real problems and test their knowledge.
This activity is the coolest thing I've created and your kids are going to love it, mine do. Think of a scavenger hunt, then add devices (Smartphones, Chromebooks, Laptops, or Tablets), engaged students, and learning through assessment and you have this resource.
I've created a video that walks you through the entire activity. I did it using screen capture software on my phone so you can see exactly what your students will see. CLICK HERE to have a look.
Quick Disclaimer. In order to use this activity, your classroom must have at least 1 device per 3 students. Smartphones, Chromebooks, Laptops, and Tablets will all work perfectly. The wording and delivery make this resource perfect for a wide range of grade levels. If for some reason you feel this hunt isn't perfect for your classroom, I'm happy to refund your purchase no questions asked.
The Content Includes:
• Solar eclipse
• Lunar eclipse
• Eclipse misconceptions
• Frequency and reason for eclipses
• Future and past eclipses
- "This was perfect for the solar eclipse. I did this activity in all of my high school science classes that day because realistically- they had questions and science is the place to get those answers. Students were much better prepared to interpret what they were looking at in the afternoon during the eclipse as a result of this. Thanks!"
- "Great teachable moment for Solar Eclipse!"
********If you'd like more Eclipse resources, I have multiple. Just click the titles titles below to learn more.
- Solar and Lunar Eclipse - Lab Station Activity **Note - Get this resource free with your download**
- Eclipse - Solar and Lunar - Complete 5E Lesson Bundle. <-- This package has been further reduced by 25% in celebration of the upcoming total solar eclipse
Scavenger Hunt User Comments:
- "Just what I was looking for! Perfect!! Great way to get the students up and keep them engaged!"
- "My kids loved it!"
- "Everything I've purchased from Teaching with Fergy is AWESOME!! "
- "So excited to use this instead of my old videos and boring powerpoints!!"
- "The students learned a lot and were very engaged in the lesson. Thank you."
- We did "Physical and Chemical Changes" in class yesterday! My students loved it!"
- "I can't wait to share these with my students! They love this QR thing! :-)"
- I used this half way through my unit so that the students can go through it to help consolidate some important concepts!
- "Fantastic! I love this scavenger hunt, I am changing my schedule for tomorrow's astronomy class and we are definitely doing the scavenger hunt."
- "Really awesome resource."
Here's how you implement them:
• Print the QR codes and place them around the room
• Place your students into groups
• Let them loose! They move from Location to Location as they complete their tasks. Each Task is assigned by scanning the QR code and there are 5 Tasks per Scavenger Hunt Activity.
• Have them submit their answers directly to your email via a form on my website.
• Lets your students utilize their devices
• Cuts down on wasted paper
• Combines learning with assessment
• Is a lot of fun
• Comes in both Word and PDF formats
Each Hunt is different and offers a unique way for your students to explore the topic. From Hunt-to-Hunt, possible tasks your students will face include:
• Video analysis
• Fully automated and marked Quiz
• Finish the story
• Start the story
• News article
• Word scramble
• Short answer
• Web research
There are other Hunts as well and I'm continually adding more. Currently, the Hunts I have available include:
- Renewable Electricity Production
- Cell Membrane and Transport
- Hearing and the Human Ear
- The Nervous System
- Excretory system
- Endocrine system
- Types of Bonds and Intermolecular Forces
- The Mole
- Molecular and Ionic Compounds
Space and Earth Science:
• The Moon
- Asteroids, Comets, and Meteors
- Sound, Sound Energy, and the Speed of Sound
- Density and Buoyancy
- Newton's Three Laws of Motion
- Kinetic and Gravitation Potential Energy
- Light and the EM Spectrum
- One and Two-Dimensional Motion
- Calculating average speed, velocity, and displacement
Also, please visit my website Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.