** FULL-COLOR AND BLACK LINE MASTERS **
A Document-Based Question Unit on Eclipses and the Founding Fathers - Revolutionary War Eclipse Perspectives.
With the upcoming SOLAR ECLIPSE on Monday, August 21, 2017 in the U.S.A., it is prudent to discover that this is not the first in our history. In the midst of the Revolutionary War, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson took time out of their busy and important schedules to acknowledge two eclipses in the U.S. In this assignment, discover in their own words, how they view this astronomical event.
This lesson includes:
* Lesson Plan
* Lesson Plan Narrative and Reasoning Guide
* Common Core Standards Correlation
* Primary and Secondary Sources on Historical Events
* Open-ended and closed-ended questions
* Extended Activity for Gifted/Advanced Students
* An Investigative Approach to History
* An Answer Key
* Designed for grade 5 and up, but lower grades can easily scaffold the lesson for use
* READY TO USE
** PDF Version for immediate duplicating for handouts