Students will learn about primary and secondary succession; how to create an ecosystem that is able to sustain and grow.
- create a terrarium for an ever changing ecosystem to exist in
- document changes in the terrarium over time, using diagrams and written descriptions
- explain how the water cycle works to provide moisture for soils and plants
- describe primary and secondary succession, giving examples of its occurrence
- research and record examples of how animals/insects impact succession
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.