Students will enjoy learning when participating in the following activities:
• Succession Walk Engage Activity-Observing Succession
• Fan-n-Pick Cooperative Learning Activity
• Processes and Effect of Succession and Natural Upheaval Card Sorts
• Ecological Succession an Analysis of Data
• Venn Diagram-Card Sort
1. The student knows that biological systems work to achieve and maintain balance. The student is expected to:
A. describe how events and processes that occur during ecological succession can change populations and species diversity
B. describe how events and processes that occur during ecological succession can change populations and species diversity.
2. Scientific processes Objectives: The student is expected to:
The student uses scientific methods and equipment during field and laboratory investigations. The student is expected to:
A. analyze, evaluate, make inferences, and predict trends from data; and
B. communicate valid conclusions supported by the data through methods such as lab reports, labeled drawings, graphic organizers, journals, summaries, oral reports, and technology-based reports.
From Sizzling Science