This is a ECOLOGY bundle that includes the following:
- BASIC Introduction to Ecology Lecture Notes (includes teacher notes, student notes, and PPT)
- Heterotrophs/Autotrophs Foldable
- Basic Ecology Terms – Practice Foldable
(terms included: biotic, abiotic, carnivore, herbivore, decomposer, omnivore, autotroph, and producer)
- EXIT TICKET: Identifying Producers, Consumers, Decomposers
- Create a FOOD CHAIN (includes keystone species the SEA OTTER)
- Create a FOOD CHAIN
- Savanna Food Chain Foldable (includes grass, lion, gazelle, human, & bacteria)
- Ocean Food Chain Foldable (includes phytoplankton, zooplankton, fish, hammerhead shark, & bacteria)
- EXIT TICKET: Create a Food Chain
- Food Web in a Marine Ecosystem (draw in arrows to demonstrate a food web)
- EXIT TICKET: Food Web
- Energy Pyramid Foldable
- EXIT TICKET: Energy Pyramid
- Project Idea
- Create a Food Web in a Kelp Forest Activity (students will choose several organisms that can be found in a kelp forest and paste them into one of the three provided backgrounds in order to create a food web)
- Energy Pyramid Cut and Paste Activity
All of the animations/clipart you will see are created by me. So my products cost a little bit more because it takes me a long time to create them.
ALL of the FILES are in a MICROSOFT WORD DOCUMENT except the PPT which is MICROSOFT POWERPOINT. This will allow you to be able to edit almost everything (except the PICTURES). This is great to differentiate instruction. I am ALSO including a PDF version in case you have an older version of Microsoft and need to align it.
At the end of this unit students will be able to…
• Identify and differentiate between the six levels of organization that ecologists study.
• Identify the sources of energy for life processes.
• Explain and demonstrate how energy is transferred through an ecosystem.
Middle School Standards
High School Standards
Visit my store to see my other products
Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.