Ecology unit that focuses on several topics including introduction to ecology, biodiversity, energy transfer, sampling, ecocolumns, and how to determine if an ecosystem is "healthy". This unit includes the following....
- PowerPoint presentations for biodiversity, ecology introduction, symbiosis/limiting factors, and transfer of energy
- Unit study guide and end of the unit test
- Owl pellet lab that helps students determine energy transfer
- Lab activity that allows students to test water samples in the classroom using LabQuest materials to determine the overall ecology
- Reading article and activity for students that will provide background for healthy aquatic ecosystems
- Eco-column project that allows students to observe and measure changes in an ecosystems like turbidity, dissolved oxygen, pH, and temperature. Includes data packet and construction directions for students.
- Short quiz on aquatic health
*Thumbnail was created by using Emily Wean Design: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Emily-Wean