Use this set of 2 homework assignments on "The Human Impact on the Environment" to provide your students with quality homework assignments for your ecology units. This resource contains 8 student pages consisting of 68 questions. As I teach my unit on "Human Impact", I assign a portion of these questions for homework each night. The completed homework assignments provide a thorough study guide for the unit test. You can also use a few questions during class each day to check for student understanding of the concepts being taught.
PLEASE NOTE: This homework set is included in this money-saving bundle:
Human Impact on the Environment Bundle. Click here to view bundle.
This set of 2 homework assignments can be used with the "Humans and the Environment" chapter of any biology textbook.
This set of 2 homework assignments is perfect to use with my PowerPoint and Notes set: Human Impact on the Environment PowerPoint and Notes Bundle. Click this link to view this set.
What is included in this product?
• 2 homework assignments (8 student pages).
• 68 questions of varying formats!
• 8 page teacher guide and answer key.
What material is covered by each assignment?
• Planet Earth and environmental science.
• A brief history of the human impact on planet Earth: Hunters and gatherers, agriculture, industry, and urban development.
• Renewable and Nonrenewable Resources: Definitions and examples.
• Sustainable development.
• Land resources: The importance of land, land as a renewable resource, composition of soil, human impact on soil, erosion, desertification, good land management.
• Forest resources: The importance of forests as a producer of human goods and services, the ecological role of the forests, renewable forests, nonrenewable forests, old growth forests, deforestation, good management of forests.
• Fishery resources: The importance of fisheries to humans and to the environment, overfishing, fisheries as a renewable resource, aquaculture.
• Air resources: Air quality, smog, the pollutants in smog, the burning of fossil fuels, acid rain.
• Freshwater resources: Water use by humans, how pollutants enter the water supply, the role of nature in the cleaning and purifying of water.
• The Human Influence on the Biosphere: Ozone depletion, rising levels of carbon dioxide, population growth.
• Ozone Depletion: Definition of ozone, importance of ozone in our atmosphere, the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation, how humans are causing the destruction of the ozone, chlorofluorocarbons (CFC's), global regulations of CFC's.
• Increasing Levels of Carbon Dioxide: The role of carbon in the carbon cycle, the addition of too much carbon dioxide to the atmosphere, the danger of rising carbon dioxide levels, global warming, the greenhouse effect.
• Human Population Growth: Estimation of future population size and the effect this will have on our planet.
• Biodiversity: Definition of biodiversity, how biodiversity is measured, the importance of biodiversity, ways biodiversity is lost, extinction, the threat of pollution to biodiversity, keystone species, the use of DDT in the environment, biological magnification, the threat of invasive species.
All answers are included in the very detailed 8 page teacher guide that is included with this product.
The questions are of varying difficulty levels. Question types include compare and contrast, matching, fill in the blank, short answer, multiple choice, and modified true/false. Some of the questions are basic and concrete in nature, but most of the questions involve critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Your download will include both a Word document as well as a pdf of this extensive homework/study guide set.
This study guide is appropriate for any biology or life science class with students in grades 7 - 12.
Related products include:
Human Impact on the Environment PowerPoint and Notes Set
Lab: The Effect of Acid Rain on Seed Germination
Humans and the Environment Task Cards
Human Impact on the Environment Review PowerPoint Questions and Answers
Calculating Water Use and Energy Consumption in the Home
Quiz Set: Human Impact on the Environment
Human Impact on the Environment Unit Test
Introduction to Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Population Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Community Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Ecosystems: Energy Flow and the Recycling of Matter PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Ecosystems and the Biosphere: Biomes of the World PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
FREE Set of Six Ecology Crossword Puzzles
FREE! Backyard Ecology: An Ecological Assessment of Your Back Yard
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page