Ecology and Ecosystems - PowerPoint and Handouts Curriculum Unit for life science. Engage students with an Ecosystems and Ecology Curriculum Unit Bundle featuring- levels of ecological organization, food chains, food webs, energy pyramids, ecosystem interactions like competition, predator/prey, and symbiosis, and different types of biomes and ecosystems.
Your next few weeks are going to be a breeze with our PowerPoint lessons and handouts that are designed for a literal day-by-day instruction implementation. Or pick and choose the lessons you want to teach and apply to your own curriculum as you see fit.
This 4-5 week long unit is composed of:
* 130+ slide fully editable PowerPoint presentation with title slides, objectives, bell work, fill in the blank notes, animations, and hyperlinks.
* 40+ PDF pages of student notes and diagrams + answer keys
* Study guide and final assessment
This unit covers an intro to ecology with levels of ecological organization, food chains, food webs, energy pyramid and the transfer of energy, ecological interactions, symbiotic relationships, and biomes.
These condensed ecology notes are designed in a straightforward and simplistic manner to allow for elaboration, question and answer period, facilitated classroom discussion, and extension where desired all while providing an overview of the overarching themes of ecology.
The following lessons are included in the Ecology Bundled Unit:
1. Intro to Ecology
which includes the Ecosystems and Ecology Vocabulary Differentiated for ALL Readers FREEBIE
2. Food Chains and Food Webs
which includes Pyramid of Energy
3. Interactions within Ecosystems
which includes the Symbiosis Want Ad
project and Predator - Prey Analysis
4. Ecosystems and Biomes of the World
which includes the Biome Diorama
project, Last Stand of the Great Bear Documentary Movie and Questions
and Finding Nemo
movie question sheets.
5. Ecology Scavenger Hunt Study Guide
6. A 30 question multiple choice Final Assessment aligned with the materials detailed in this bundled unit is included with answer key.
This bundle is also available in our Ecology COMPLETE Bundle
which comes with PowerPoint, Handouts (Background info, Teacher & Student Notes, Labs, Projects, Activities, Study Guide, and Assessment), Interactive Notebook Activities, Task Cards, and Visual Word Wall.
Consider using this with some of our other products in our store:
- Ecology Think Tickets: Task Cards for Science Exploration
- Ecology Scavenger Hunt Activity for INBs
- Ecology Word Wall
- Cootie Catcher / Fortune Teller: Life Science Vocabulary Bundle
which includes several Ecology cootie catchers.
Get ALL of the bundles in our store at a discount with the Life Science Big Bundle! It comes with the following:
• Scientific Method Bundled Unit
• Ecology Bundled Unit
• Cells and Cell Processes Bundled Unit
• Human Body Bundled Unit
• Evolution Bundled Unit
• Genetics Bundled Unit
• Classification & Taxonomy Bundled Unit
Be the first to know about our store discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near our logo on any page within our store and click it to become a follower.
You will then receive customized email updates about Mel and Gerdy goodies! ☺
Take a look at Getting Nerdy with Mel and Gerdy‘s:
Getting Nerdy Blog
We aim to please. Before leaving feedback, please contact us via "Ask a Question" and let us know if we can help make our products better for you and your students.
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Ecology Bundled Unit by © Getting Nerdy, LLC