This Populations and Communities Power Point and Notes product includes over 70 slides and provides an engaging visual approach to learning high school Biology content. The content is comprehensive enough to be used in place of a textbook if necessary, but since it’s editable, you can customize it to complement any text or other resources you are using by adding, removing, or rearranging slides. Three versions of notes are also included! All key terms are listed below.
PLEASE NOTE - This product is also part of two DISCOUNTED BUNDLES:
PowerPoints ONLY: PowerPoint Bundle for Biology
Ecology PowerPoints, Notes, and Task Cards: Ecology Curriculum Bundle
This download includes 8 files:
2. PowerPoint presentation with stunning photographs and easy to follow diagrams. Students will not be overwhelmed with wordy slides and you will be able to check for understanding with the "Turtle Time" slides embedded throughout the presentation that quiz students on what they have just learned. Additional notes explaining diagrams, concepts, background information, and instructional suggestions are included and can be printed separately or viewed in PowerPoint’s “Notes Page” view or “Presenter View” mode.
Notes: THREE versions of editable student and teacher notes so you can easily differentiate to meet the needs of your students.
3. Version A notes are set up so that the numbered notes correspond with the slides of the PowerPoint. This makes it easier for students to stay on pace with the lecture.
4. Version A Answer Key for Teachers
5. Version B notes are designed in a more traditional style; students will use information presented in the PowerPoint to fill in appropriate information.
6. Version B Answer Key for Teachers
7. Version C notes are fill-in-the-blank style notes that are coordinated with the PowerPoint, but could also be used for students who are absent during the presentation since it could be completed with a textbook or online resources. This version can work well as a quiz or worksheet.
8. Version C Answer Key for Teachers
Populations and Communities Outline:
I. Characteristics of Populations
II. Community Interactions
III. Ecological Succession
Key Terms and Concepts covered in this presentation include:
• population ecology
• population density
• population distribution
• indirect counting
• exponential growth
• logistic growth
• j-shaped curve
• s-shaped curve
• carrying capacity
• population crash
• boom-and-bust cycle
• limiting factor
• density-dependent limiting factor
• density-independent limiting factor
• age structure graph
• intraspecific competition
• interspecific competition
• competitive exclusion principle
• resource partitioning
• symbiotic relationships
• ecological succession
• primary succession
• pioneer species
• secondary succession
• ecological equilibrium
You might also like:
Populations and Communities Task Cards
Populations and Communities Review Qubes
Biosphere PowerPoint and Notes
Biosphere Task Cards
Biosphere Review Qubes
Ecosystems PowerPoint and Notes
Ecosystems Task Cards
Ecosystems Review Qubes
This product is for single classroom use only.
You may purchase additional licenses for other teachers at half price. District pricing is available upon request.