This Ecology: The Biosphere
Power Point and Notes resource includes over 70 slides and 3 versions of student notes
and provides an engaging visual approach to learning high school Biology content. The content is comprehensive enough to be used in place of a textbook if necessary, but since it’s editable, you can customize it to complement any text or other resources you are using by adding, removing, or rearranging slides. Three versions of notes are also included!
Please Note: This product is also part of my DISCOUNTED PowerPoint Bundle for Biology.
This download includes 8 files:
2. PowerPoint presentation with stunning photographs and easy to follow diagrams. Students will not be overwhelmed with wordy slides and you will be able to check for understanding with the "Turtle Time" slides embedded throughout the presentation that quiz students on what they have just learned. Additional notes explaining diagrams, concepts, background information, and instructional suggestions are included and can be printed separately or viewed in PowerPoint’s “Notes Page” view or “Presenter View” mode.
Notes: THREE versions of editable student and teacher notes so you can easily differentiate to meet the needs of your students.
3. Version A notes are set up so that the numbered notes correspond with the slides of the PowerPoint. This makes it easier for students to stay on pace with the lecture.
4. Version A Answer Key for Teachers
5. Version B notes are designed in a more traditional style; students will use information presented in the PowerPoint to fill in appropriate information.
6. Version B Answer Key for Teachers
7. Version C notes are fill-in-the-blank style notes that are coordinated with the PowerPoint, but could also be used for students who are absent during the presentation since it could be completed with a textbook or online resources. This version can work well as a quiz or worksheet.
8. Version C Answer Key for Teachers
The Biosphere Outline:
I. Introduction to the Biosphere
II. Energy Flow
III. Feeding Relationships
IV. Biogeochemical Cycles
V. Threats to Biodiversity
Key Terms and Concepts
covered in this presentation include:
• food chain
• trophic level
• food web
• primary productivity
• ecological pyramids
• energy pyramid
• biomass pyramid
• pyramid of numbers
• biogeochemical cycles
• water cycle
• carbon cycle
• nitrogen cycle
• habitat destruction
• introduced species
• global warming
• endangered species
You might also like:
The Biosphere Task Cards
Biosphere Review Qubes
Plants: Diversity & Reproduction PowerPoint and Notes
Vertebrates PowerPoint and Notes