PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Engage your students with these colorful Google Slides as they produce a research report on ecology. This Google Classroom resource contains a complete paperless Ecology Research Report perfect for Chromebooks, HP Streams, and other devices in a 1:1 classroom. Printable version included!
This resource uses file sharing with Google or Microsoft OneDrive. Use these activities to engage students in a whole class, small group, or independent environment. This resource is also perfect for home school students.
This original product is provided through web-based Google file sharing, contained on the Internet 'cloud' and allows you and your students to access, edit, and print files from any computer or device. Students work on their report template directly in the file on their device or computer. This product will also work with Microsoft OneDrive (instructions included!)
Templates are included to create, develop, write, edit, present, and assess your students’ Ecology Report. This report (or performance task) is also designed to not only to learn and explain the new information, but answer some higher level thinking questions (Common Core Essential Questions). Our product is designed to assess and show what your students have learned and share it with you, their parents, and perhaps the class if you’d like them to present it.
A printable version of this report is also included in this product!
A simple rubric and student checklist is included.
You can use this report template in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the slides you wish to use and tailor it to your students’ needs. This package contains the following Ecology Report elements/questions:
Report Template includes:
1. What is ecology?
2. Describe an animal’s habitat (student chooses their animal) including all possible living and nonliving things.
3. Ecology Related Vocabulary- students define the word and illustrate it.
4. How do primary producers make energy through photosynthesis?
5. Compare and contrast a desert biome and a tropical rain forest biome. What are the similarities and differences?
6. Why do primary producers, consumers, and decomposers need each other to maintain a healthy biome?
7. How could humans damage an ecosystem accidentally without even trying to be destructive?
8. What could happen to an ecosystem if all of the water evaporated because of a severe drought and there was no more water?
9. How do you think plants and animals adapt to changes in their ecosystem?
10. Write about a real ecosystem that you’ve seen in your life. It could be in your city or town, your backyard, a tide pool, in a forest, or somewhere else. Describe all of the things that you saw.
11. Make a poster about an ecosystem.
12. Blank page to add to any of the questions if more room is needed.
13. Additional Information page for any other facts not discussed in other areas of the report if needed.
14. A page to help your students find information for their report.
15. Resource Page and Bibliography Template- I use the Resource Page template because my students are not ready to learn the rules of a true bibliography, but if you teach bibliography skills I have included a template for you.
16. Note Taking page for students to take notes as they gather their research.
17. Rubrics- Performance Task for the Written Report
18. Blank Rubric
19. Report Checklist for students to check if all performance tasks are completed and included.
20. Editing and Revising Checklist.
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Copyright 2016 The Teacher TeamTM
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
DISCLAIMER: These materials were prepared by The Teacher Team and have neither been developed, reviewed, nor endorsed by Google.