PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Ecology Review - Science Interactive Notebook - Fact Card Scavenger Hunt; A Differentiated Review and Reading Activity
Students will be on the hunt with our Scavenger Hunt all about Ecology! Perfect during individual or group work, students can get up out of their seats or quietly work at their desks while hunting for answers to a variety of questions using the 30 fact cards in this product. It covers biomes, energy pyramids, food webs and food chains, symbiotic relationships (mutualism, parasitism, commensalism), succession, invasive species, current events like honey bee hive collapse and more!
This product includes:
- Two versions of answer sheets in short answer and fill-in-the-blank format, differentiated for your student needs
- Both answer sheets are offered in INB format
- 30 Total Ecology "I Spy" Fact Cards
- Answer key for both versions of answer sheets
***Please download the preview to see the variety of Ecology topics covered in this Scavenger Hunt***
What you will do:
1. Print off copies of the student question sheets in the format of your choice.
2. Print off a set of Ecospy scavenger hunt cards in color and laminate them for future use.
3. Place the numbered Ecospy cards around your room, hide them or keep them in plain sight but DON’T put them in order. Or, if you’d like to keep students seated, place the cards in folders or make a booklet secured with binder rings or paper fasteners and let them work in groups.
4. Give students a question sheet. The numbered cards correspond with the numbered questions on their questions sheet. Have them find the answers to the questions either on their own or with a partner if they need assistance. Ask that they do not go in order so students aren't all on the same question at once- have them spread out to the various questions arranged throughout your room or pick questions at random if seated at a table.
5. Have students check their answers when finished.
Use the Scavenger Hunt Activity and/or Fact Cards as:
* Centers or Stations
* Homework, Assessments
* Sponge or Warm-up activity
* Review before tests
Use this Ecology Scavenger Hunt on its own or with our:
- Ecology Bundled Unit which includes 4-5 weeks worth of materials in our 130+ slide PowerPoint and 40+ pages of handouts!
Click this link to find out how this lesson fits with your NGSS, TEKS or GSE Science Classroom
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Ecology Scavenger Hunt by © 2014 Getting Nerdy, LLC