Ecology Vocabulary Guess the Word PowerPoint Game
Also included in
- This bundle combines the digital / distance learning version of my science vocabulary activities. These activities are great for use with all students, but especially ESL students who need extra vocabulary help.Price $16.80Original Price $21.00Save $4.20
- This science vocabulary practice bundle combines three different science vocabulary activity packs (animal classification, ecology, weather) along with a space vocabulary matching / sort activity and Guess the Word PowerPoint games for weather, animal classification, and ecology. Please see the desPrice $23.20Original Price $29.00Save $5.80
- This bundle contains 15 different ecology related vocabulary words along with various activities and worksheets to practice the terms. The included words are: ecology, food chain, producer, consumer, herbivore, carnivore, omnivore, decomposer, ecosystem, parasite, predator, prey, symbiotic, energy,Price $7.20Original Price $9.00Save $1.80
This game contains 15 different ecology related vocabulary words. The included words are: ecology, food chain, producer, consumer, herbivore, carnivore, omnivore, decomposer, ecosystem, parasite, predator, prey, symbiotic, energy, photosynthesis. Allow students to practice ecology vocabulary with this unique PowerPoint game. The game must be in Present mode to work, leaving it in edit mode will reveal all of the answers. On each slide, students are shown a picture and a definition for one of 25 ecology vocabulary terms. Students then click on letters in the Alphabet Bank to spell the term. Once a letter in the Alphabet Bank is clicked on, it disappears. If the letter is part of the ecology vocabulary word, it appears on the correct line of the clue/answer section. The slides are designed so if a student accidentally clicks on the picture, clue, or other part of the side, it goes nowhere. The only way to play the game is to click on the letters in the Alphabet Bank. The only way to advance to the next word is to click the Next Word button.
The game can be played as a whole class by dividing students into teams and allowing them to take turns trying to guess the word by calling out letters (or clicking on the letters themselves if you have a smart board). Alternatively, students can play individually, in pairs, or small groups using an iPad, Chromebook, laptop, or other individual device.
Each word has a different maximum point value. To score a word, after the ecology term has been fully spelled out, count the number of letters in the word and the number of letters remaining in the Alphabet Bank. The total is the points to be awarded the student/team for that word. You will need to keep score in a different location (on a whiteboard or separate sheet of paper).
Here are the directions I give students when they play individually or in small groups:
1. Read the clue and look at the image.
2. Click on the letters to spell the term that matches the clue.
3. If you are correct, the letter will appear on the appropriate line(s).
4. If you are incorrect, the letter will disappear.
5. To figure your score for each word, add up the total number of letters in the word plus the number of letters remaining in the Alphabet Bank.
6. To proceed to the next word, click Next Word.
7. The person with the highest score at the end of the game is the winner.
Please note: due to animation triggers, this game will not work in Google Slides.