About this Product
• This product includes homework assignments designed to be completed in 15 to 20 minutes independently.
• Homework worksheets align with my interactive notebook chapters.
• Answer key included.
• Download FREE Daily Homework assignments to learn more about my homework resources
• Save 45% with the Life Science Complete Curriculum
• Save 50% with the Integrated Science Complete Curriculum
Homework #1: What is ecology?
Homework #2: Living vs. Nonliving Things
Homework #3: Types of Organisms
Homework #4: Types of Consumers
Homework #5: The Role of the Sun
Homework #6: Food Chains
Homework #7: Energy Flow through a Food Chain
Homework #8: Energy Pyramid
Homework #9: Ecological Relationships
Homework #10: Important Ecological Roles
Homework #11: Nutrient Cycling
Homework #12: Oxygen & Carbon Dioxide Cycling
Homework #13: Water Cycle
Homework #14: Carbon Cycle
Homework #15: Ecological Organization
Homework #16: Impact of Environmental Change
Homework #17: Carrying Capacity
Homework #18: Biomes
Homework #19: Freshwater Ecosystems
Homework#20: Marine Ecosystems
Homework#21: Ecological Succession
Homework#23: Why is biodiversity important?
Differentiation and Tiering
A colored shape code is denoted to help you differentiate concepts:
• Homework with a green circle cover basic ideas and understandings.
• Homework with a blue square cover intermediate ideas and understandings.
• Homework with a black diamond cover advanced ideas and understandings.
Each homework has three tasks with a "signal strength" to probe lower, mid and higher order thinking:
• Task 1 questions with a “low” signal assess whether students can remember, recall and understand facts.
• Task 2 questions with a “medium” signal assess whether students can apply, analyze or explain information.
• Task 3 questions with a “high” signal assess whether students can evaluate, judge or interpret information.
• This resource aligns with Next Generation Science Standard 3-LS4-4, 5-PS3-1, 5-LS2-1, MS-LS2-1, MS-LS2-2, MS-LS2-3, MS-LS2-4 and MS-LS2-5.
• All rights reserved by Stephanie Elkowitz.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only.
• Intended for classroom and personal use only.
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view.
• Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).