PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
About this Product
This differentiated unit is composed of interactive notebook lessons organized into chapters. Each chapter includes:
• An overview with photos of the completed INB activity
• One page of input notes (differentiated when necessary)
• At least one INB activity (key included)
• A 4-5 question mini assessment (key included)
• A 2-part reflection exercise
• Download a FREE Interactive Notebook Unit to learn more about my INB units
• Save 45% with the Life Science Complete Curriculum
• Save 50% with the Integrated Science Complete Curriculum
• Editable Life Science Input Notes are available for purchase
Chapter 1: What is ecology?
Chapter 2: Living vs. Nonliving Things
Chapter 3: Types of Organisms (Producer, Consumer, Decomposer)
Chapter 4: Types of Consumers
Chapter 5: The Role of the Sun
Chapter 6: Food Chains
Chapter 7: Energy Flow Through a Food Chain
Chapter 8: Energy Pyramid
Chapter 9: Ecological Relationships (Competition, Predation & Types of Symbiosis)
Chapter 10: Important Ecological Roles
Chapter 11: Nutrient Cycling (Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide & Water)
Chapter 12: Oxygen & Carbon Dioxide Cycling
Chapter 13: Water Cycle
Chapter 14: Carbon Cycle
Chapter 15: Ecological Organization
Chapter 16: Impact of Environmental Change
Chapter 17: Carrying Capacity
Chapter 18: Biomes
Chapter 19: Freshwater Ecosystems
Chapter 20: Marine Ecosystems
Chapter 21: Ecological Succession
Chapter 22: Biodiversity
Chapter 23: Why is biodiversity important?
-Topics are differentiated for upper elementary and intermediate grades.
-Topics are differentiated with a color and shape code.
-Two pages of generic and self-assessment reflection prompts are included.
• This unit aligns with NGSS 3-LS4-4, 5-PS3-1, 5-LS2-1, MS-LS2-1, MS-LS2-2, MS-LS2-3, MS-LS2-4, MS-LS2-5.
• Refer to my Free Curriculum Support Materials to help incorporate INB lessons into a NGSS aligned curriculum.
• All rights reserved by Stephanie Elkowitz.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only.
• Intended for classroom and personal use only.
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view.
• Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).