Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Save 35% by purchasing ALL my NGSS aligned Ecology teaching materials!
This is a GROWING bundle. PLEASE READ:
• The price of this bundle will increase as additional materials are added.
• This product includes FREE downloads of ALL future Ecology products.
• Download a FREE Unit Bundle to learn more about all my products.
• Save 45% with the Life Science Complete Curriculum
• Save 50% with the Integrated Science Complete Curriculum
This bundle includes:
• Editable PowerPoint Presentation, Scaffolded Notes and Exam
• Interactive Notebook Lessons (Input Notes, INB Activities, Quizzes & Reflection Exercises)
• Task Cards Tiered to Bloom's Taxonomy
• SNAPs Lab Stations Activities
• Differentiated Unit Pacing and Planning Guide
• Warmups, Homework, Vocabulary Builders & Review Materials (coming soon)
All items in this product are 100% EDITABLE and DIFFERENTIATED. The product includes a PowerPoint Presentation (168 differentiated slides), scaffolded notes (differentiated and modified/completed notes included) and a summative examination (differentiated and answer key included). The PowerPoint is differentiated for upper elementary and middle school students. A color-shape code is found on the upper left corner of every slide to help you differentiate concepts for your students' needs and abilities.
This differentiated interactive notebook unit is composed of interactive notebook chapters. Each chapter includes an overview with photos of the completed INB activity, one page of input notes (differentiated when necessary), at least one INB activity (key included), a 4-5 question mini assessment (key included) and a 2-part reflection exercise. Editable versions of INB notes are included. This INB unit includes 23 INB lessons and 28+ INB activities:
Chapter 1: What is ecology?
Chapter 2: Living vs. Nonliving Things
Chapter 3: Types of Organisms (Producer, Consumer, Decomposer)
Chapter 4: Types of Consumers
Chapter 5: The Role of the Sun
Chapter 6: Food Chains
Chapter 7: Energy Flow Through a Food Chain
Chapter 8: Energy Pyramid
Chapter 9: Ecological Relationships (Competition, Predation & Types of Symbiosis)
Chapter 10: Important Ecological Roles
Chapter 11: Nutrient Cycling (Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide & Water)
Chapter 12: Oxygen & Carbon Dioxide Cycling
Chapter 13: Water Cycle
Chapter 14: Carbon Cycle
Chapter 15: Ecological Organization
Chapter 16: Impact of Environmental Change
Chapter 17: Carrying Capacity
Chapter 18: Biomes
Chapter 19: Freshwater Ecosystems
Chapter 20: Marine Ecosystems
Chapter 21: Ecological Succession
Chapter 22: Biodiversity
Chapter 23: Why is biodiversity important?
Differentiated and tiered 3-part activities designed to "warmup" students at the beginning of a lesson. Full and half page printing options and key included. This product includes 23+ bell ringers aligned with the INB chapters.
• Ecology Lab Stations Activities
SNAPs Lab Stations are differentiated laboratory activities that require students to use science, math, literacy, problem-solving and engineering skills. These labs are designed to enhance students' understanding of scientific concepts and help students apply scientific ideas to the real world. This bundle includes 10 SNAPs lab activities:
• Animals' Food and Energy Lab Stations Activity (5-PS3-1)
• Food Chains and Webs Lab Stations Activity (5-LS2-1, MS-LS2-3)
• Energy Pyramids (MS-LS2-3)
• Ecological Relationships Lab Station Activity (MS-LS2-2)
• Nutrient Cycling Lab Station Activity (5-LS2-1)
• Carbon Cycle Lab Station Activity (MS-LS2-3)
• Impact of Environmental Change Lab (3-LS4-4)
• Carrying Capacity Lab Station Activity (MS-LS2-1)
• Ecological Succession Lab Station Activity (MS-LS2-4)
• Biodiversity Lab Station Activity (MS-LS2-5)
110 differentiated and tiered task card questions to help assess your students on important concepts covered in this science unit. Answer sheets (differentiated) and key included.
Next Generation Science Standards
This unit bundle satisfies NGSS 3-LS4-4, 5-PS3-1, 5-LS2-1, MS-LS2-1, MS-LS2-2, MS-LS2-3, MS-LS2-4 and MS-LS2-5.
• All rights reserved by Stephanie Elkowitz.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only.
• Intended for classroom and personal use only.
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view.
• Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).