This complete unit plan bundles together my five full lesson plans on Economic Indicators, and it comes with the accompanying unit materials. The unit focuses on the study of business cycles through the lens of the three main economic indicators: GDP, unemployment, and inflation. The fifth lesson puts all of these concepts together to show how steady growth in the long run can be achieved despite these short run fluctuations.
FIVE COMPLETE LESSON PLANS:
1) The Business Cycle
2) GDP (Gross Domestic Product)
5) Long Run Economic Growth
EACH LESSON PLAN INCLUDES:
1) Warm Up Activity -- interactive activity to engage student attention.
2) PowerPoint Presentation -- contains the lecture and guides you through the activities.
3) Note Sheet -- students fill out this note sheet during the lecture.
4) Class Activity -- printable activities that allow students to explore the new learning.
5) Homework -- extension questions from the day’s lesson.
6) Teacher Materials -- detailed lesson plan, answer keys, and a “Read Me” document explaining how to use the materials included.
1) Unit Project -- students explore business cycle fluctuations from around the world.
2) Unit Test -- three versions with varying degrees of difficulty (with answer key).
3) Grade Sheet
4) Review Sheet
5) Unit Plan -- an extensive outline of teacher necessities: unit overview, national standards, learning targets, essential questions, formative assessments, summative assessments, differentiation plan, and a unit outline.
Economic Indicators Unit Plan
by Nick Samsal
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License