In this 11 page activity, you have everything you need to conduct a lesson/student activity on the types of economies of the world (Command, Traditional, Market and Mixed). In this lesson your students will:
1) Complete a short warm-up activity in which they read about Yeltsin’s trip to a grocery store and answer comprehension questions about the story.
2) Examine a map with the rest of the class (class discussion) in which they evaluate the level of economic freedom held by each country of the world. (Class Discussion questions included)
3) Examine the 6 possible economic goals of a country and use their prior knowledge to explain which economic goals are important in the USA. (worksheet included)
4) Read about the types of economies and take notes on the characteristics, advantages and disadvantages of each type. (worksheet included)
5) Examine primary and secondary source documents, photos and video clips (YOUTUBE) and will practice differentiating between the types of economies. (worksheet and sources included)
6) Complete a creative Exit Card/Assessment
***Common Core Activity*** All materials need to conduct the lesson are included.
INCLUDES A STEP-BY-STEP TEACHER DIRECTIONS PAGE.
Follow My Store!
Follow my store... simply click on “follow me” under Learning is a Passion on the top of my store page. You will be the first to receive notifications when I post awesome new products and have sales.
Leave Feedback and Earn Credits
Don’t forget to leave positive feedback after you purchase a product! Leaving feedback will earn you "credits" which can be used for discounts on future purchases. I would very much appreciate your positive comments!
Looking for more Economics Resources? Check these out:
Economics: Personal Finance Student Project
Economics: Business Organization Student Activity
Economics: Market Regulation-Anti-Trust Laws and the Consumer Activity
Economics: Market Structures Class Activity
Economics: Mankiw's 7 Economic Principles Student Stations Activity
Want US History Resources? Check these Out:
Gilded Age: Robber Barons or Captains of Industry Document Based Activity
U.S. Imperialism 1860-1920: A Gallery Walk Student Activity
1920's Role-Play Philosophical Chairs Class Discussion Activities
How was the Great Depression Handled? Hoover versus FDR DBQ
U.S. History: Life in the 1950's ~ A Gallery Walk Activity ~
Industrialization: The Triangle Shirtwaist Fire Video & Video Activities
Civil Rights Movement: Comparing Martin Luther King & Malcolm X ~Activity~
1960's America: Social Movements ~A Power-point & Interactive Student Activity ~
Red Scare: McCarthyism ~ Gallery Walk Student Activity~