In this 10 page activity, you have everything you need to conduct a lesson/student activity on the types of economies of the world (Command, Traditional, Market and Mixed). In this lesson your students will:
1) Complete a short warm-up activity in which they read about Yeltsin’s trip to a grocery store and answer comprehension questions about the story.
2) Examine a map with the rest of the class (class discussion) in which they evaluate the level of economic freedom held by each country of the world. (Class Discussion questions included)
3) Examine the 6 possible economic goals of a country and use their prior knowledge to explain which economic goals are important in the USA. (worksheet included)
4) Read about the types of economies and take notes on the characteristics, advantages and disadvantages of each type. (worksheet included)
5) Examine primary and secondary source documents, photos and video clips (YOUTUBE) and will practice differentiating between the types of economies. (worksheet and sources included)
***Common Core Activity*** All materials need to conduct the lesson are included.
INCLUDES A STEP-BY-STEP TEACHER DIRECTIONS PAGE.
Looking for more Economics Resources? Check these out:
Economics: Personal Finance Student Project
Economics: Business Organization Student Activity
Economics: Market Regulation-Anti-Trust Laws and the Consumer Activity
Economics: Market Structures Class Activity
Economics: Mankiw's 7 Economic Principles Student Stations Activity