Economics – A Third Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a 3rd grade level PowerPoint instructional presentation.
This lesson focuses on basic economic components. The lesson includes:
• Terminology (natural resources, human resources, capital resources, producers, goods, services, specialization, economic choice, and opportunity cost).
• Explanation of types of resources.
• Needs and wants.
• Using the land and what it offers.
• Trade and specialization.
• How economic choices and opportunity cost works.
Also included are 2 printable activities that are available in PDF form for individual work/assignment.
• Activity 1 - Students will be able to identify opportunity costs by making economic choices.
• Activity 2 – Students will be able to move and identify the different types of resources.