Social Studies activities to teach about Economics including goods and services, producers and consumers, supply and demand and how work has changed over the years. Activities include:
1. Posters for important economics vocabulary. Words include: economics, consumer, producer, goods, services, supply, demand, unpaid work and paid work.
2. Mini-booklet - Explains ways we pay for things.
3. Journal prompt - Students write about 3 goods they would like to have and determine if they are in demand.
4. Anchor chart - Highlights all the vocabulary in the unit and is interactive. Students add Post-it notes to the chart as examples of each word.
5. Student booklet - Contains pages which shows how work has changed. Students give examples of how work has changed.
6. Goods and Services Pocketbook sort - Students make a pocketbook and then sort pictures into the correct pocket.
7. Consumer and Producer pocketbook sort
8. Foldable - Consumer and producer, supply and demand, goods and services.
9. Supply and Demand posters for students to look at and determine whether the demand is low or high, and whether the supply is low or high.
10. Sheet for students to list strategies that their family can use to make good economic decisions.
11. Additional pages - booklet cover, goods activity, unpaid work and paid work.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org