Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
20.41 MB | 30 pages
Give your students a chance to see important economic concepts in action. Each student will have an opportunity to open their own used book store. Students will begin by creating a business plan that walks them through important economic decisions that all business owners need to consider before opening day. Once students have a plan for their business, they will gather products to sell, identify a store name and logo, and create advertisements to draw in potential customers.
This project includes the following:
1. An explanation write-up for students.
2. A business plan template that walks students through important economic concepts such as specialization, competition, consumer sovereignty, human, natural and capital resources, and much more.
3. A note to send home to parents describing the project.
4. Editable note to send home with all students (customers) about the book sale.
5. Steps and worksheet for creating a store logo and store sign.
6. Steps and worksheet for creating an advertisement to post in the school.
7. Directions for setting up the stores the day of the sale.
8. A profit/loss report to help wrap up the project. (completed example is included).
This is a zip file due to the fact that the majority of pages are in PDF format while two pages are in PowerPoint format to give you the opportunity to edit the school-wide note and a teacher sign-up sheet for the actual day of the sale.
The preparation for the sale and the actual sale day is one that our fourth graders never forget. It is an awesome opportunity for the kids to demonstrate all they have learned in the area of economics to people in your learning community. An added benefit of the project is that ALL students in your school will have an chance to purchase books at a reasonable price. What could be better than getting books in kids hands!?!
If you have any questions about how we conduct this project in our school, please do not hesitate to contact us through the "Questions" tab or directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.