The Federal Reserve System
This learning package concentrates on why the Federal Reserve was created, the purpose of Fed, its three key duties, the money supply, and monetary policy. The information has been simplified, condensed, and stays focused on the essentials.
Objectives: Students will be able to:
• Explain why the Fed was created and its main purpose.
• Describe the structure of the Federal Reserve.
• Identify the Fed’s three key functions.
• Define Monetary Policy.
• Explain the main purpose why the Fed uses monetary policy?
• Identify the Fed’s monetary tools and explain how they are used to influence the economy.
READING COMPREHENSION AND QUESTIONS: WORKSHEETS
1) What is the Federal Reserve and why was it created?
2) The Three Key Functions the Federal Reserve.
3) Monetary Policy Monetary Tools)
4) The Federal Reserve System: Linked To each Reading Title
OTHER WORKSHEETS AND ASSESSMENTS:
5) Matching key terms related to the Fed.
6) Outline: Federal Reserve System. Using the reading and/or notes students will complete an outline of the key concepts.
Other learning materials you may find helpful:
GDP and The Business Cycle
UNEMPLOYMENT, LABOR MARKET, LABOR FORCE
PRODUCTIVITY AND SPECIALIZATION
Goods and Services, THE FOUR FACTORS OF PRODUCTION
Needs and Wants, WHY STUDY ECONOMICS?
Feedback is Greatly Appreciated.