Economics fun – Quote Writing Prompts and Graphic Organizers
Please see the preview for this part of the BUNDLE
Are you a multitasker? If so, you’ll understand why I use these social studies, character education and writing lessons, all wrapped in one!
Table of Contents
1. Famous Quote – Real riches/ Forbes pg. 5-9
2. Famous Quote – Penny Saved/Franklin pg. 10-14
3. Famous Quote – Wise Man/Swift pg. 15-19
4. Famous Quote - Fool & Money/Tusser pg. 20-24
5. Famous Quote – Slave to Debt/Emerson pg. 25-29
6. Famous Quotes – taxation/Clinton & Rubio pg. 30-35
Each prompt includes:
2. Prewrite graphic organizer
3. Organizer with sentence level cues
4. Organizer with writing paper
5. Quote with writing space
1. Class Discussion - Place the full page poster on chart paper and conduct a class discussion prior to writing.
2. Post-it Ideas - Use 3 colors of post-it notes for students interacting with the three questions found in the graphic organizer.
3. Large Poster - Later, I usually choose 3-4 of the post-its in each category to make a whole-class poster, including the student’s name who suggested the idea. This makes a nice centerpiece on a bulletin board for their final writing.
4. Writing About Character Quotes - Three levels of difficulty are included – 1. With graphic organizer and sentence frame support. 2. With graphic organizer, but without supports. 3. No supports and room to illustrate a personal connection.
5. Mini Posters - Print the poster size multiple times on one page. The small posters are great for interactive notebooks. Students make a web of ideas coming from the mini-poster, use it for the rough draft, or have students make their own ways to interact with the quote.
This is part of the Economic Fun Language Arts BUNDLE
– no need to buy the parts if you own the whole bundle.
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations
by Kim Shelley!
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.
Many thanks to these creative talents:
EDIT Oct. 2015 - Made half pages easier to cut and removed lines that fell off the page in PDF version.
Please visit my store for these supporting documents -
Best selling Economics Fun – S’mores Import and Export PPT Activity
Economics Fun – Language Arts BUNDLE
Economics Fun – Writing Prompts
Economics Fun – Idiom Writing Prompts
Economics Fun – Figurative Language Quote Writing Prompts
Economics Fun – S’mores Vocabulary Quizzes
Economics Fun – S’mores Vocabulary Posters Matching Game and Word Wall NEW Quizzes added
Economics Fun – Journal or Portfolio Cover and Essential Questions and NEW Text Features
Not in the bundle:
Economics Fun - Dictionary Guide Word Game
Economics Fun – English Money Idioms Templates