Economics fun – Writing Prompts and Graphic Organizers
Please see the preview for this part of the BUNDLE
Double the ‘bang for your buck’ with these writing prompts that integrate social studies. This year I used them with a 5th grade tutoring class. I saw reluctant writers use the essay format correctly. Engaging activities and the promise of completing our Economic S’mores Activity were very motivating.
Some of these prompts are featured as icons in the S’mores PPT.
Table of Contents
1. Chocolate Brace Map – pg 4
2. Never Ever – persuasive pg. 5-10
3. High Supply/Low Demand fiction pg. 11-14
4. Low Supply/High Demand narrative pg.15-18
5. Designing Currency – mini research pg. 19-24
6. Earn Save Spend – video response pg. 25-28
7. What a Waste!- narrative pg. 29-33
8. Local vs. Distal – compare/contrast pg. 34-36
9. Local Editorial pg. 37-41
10. Child Labor – persuasive pg. 42-46
11. Compare/Contrast Venn essay – pg. 47
12. Import/Export – compare/contrast pg.48-52
13. Natural, Human, Capital – triple Venn pg. 53-56
1. Never Ever – goods and services persuasive
2. High Supply/Low Demand fiction
3. Low Supply/High Demand narrative
4. Designing Currency – mini research
5. What a Waste!- narrative
6. Local vs. Distal – compare/contrast
7. Child Labor – persuasive
8. Compare/Contrast Venn essay
9. Import/Export – compare/contrast
Each prompt includes:
1. Prewrite graphic organizer
2. Organizer with sentence level cues
3. Organizer with writing paper
4. Prompt with illustration paper
5. Extra coordinating display paper
1/15/18 This series had a font that made lines pop up in unwanted places when saved as a pdf. Every page has been fixed. Please let me know if you find any others.
This is part of the Economic Fun Language Arts BUNDLE
– no need to buy the parts if you own the whole bundle.
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations
by Kim Shelley!
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.
Many thanks to these creative talents:
EDIT Oct. 2015 - Made half pages easier to cut and removed lines that fell off the page in PDF version.
Please visit my store for these supporting documents -
Best selling Economics Fun – S’mores Import and Export PPT Activity
Economics Fun – Language Arts BUNDLE
Economics Fun – Writing Prompts
Economics Fun – Idiom Writing Prompts
Economics Fun – Figurative Language Quote Writing Prompts
Economics Fun – S’mores Vocabulary Quizzes
Economics Fun – S’mores Vocabulary Posters Matching Game and Word Wall NEW Quizzes added
Economics Fun – Journal or Portfolio Cover and Essential Questions and NEW Text Features
Not in the bundle:
Economics Fun - Dictionary Guide Word Game
Economics Fun – English Money Idioms Templates