An Economics unit which covers needs and wants, Production Processes, Consumption and Waste, Recycle, Reduce, Reuse, Earning and Spending Money, Advertising/Marketing, and Charities.
This economics pack contains activities, lesson outlines, worksheets, assessments, rubrics, homework assignments, and smart notebook files (that go with the lessons).
This unit of work covers:
• Needs and Wants
• Production Processes
• Consumption and Waste
• Recycle, Reduce, Reuse
• Earning and Spending Money
• What does a shop need to run?
• Teacher guided market stall project planning: pricing and stock.
• Basic profit and loss
• Further project planning and developing of market stalls.
• (Optional) Running of the market stalls to raise money for the school or a charity of choice.
• Reflection and Evaluation
• Two homework assignment tasks.
In this packet, the ZIP folder should contain the following:
• Read Me File
• Unit of Work To Market To Market_PDF File: which includes lesson and activity outlines, links to Internet Resources and Videos, resource lists, and assessments within lessons and homework assignments.
• Printables to go with To Market To Market_PDF File – This includes worksheets, activity related printable cards, templates, award templates and assessment marking rubrics.
• Smart Notebook Files Folder: This folder contains 8 Smart Notebook Files to be used with certain lessons. (The lesson outlines provide notes to indicate when and where each file is to be used).
**NEW Updated March 2015** - I have now added a substitute Power Point file that you could use as an alternative to the Smart Notebook files. The Power Point is organized in the lesson order with headings to match up with the file titles described in the lesson outlines. If you have any questions with implementing this file instead please contact me.