Economics can be such a difficult concept for young learners to grasp! Help make it easier and "double dip" across content areas with these reading fluency and comprehension task cards about economics.
Need another activity to prepare for GA Milestones or your state's test that isn't a worksheet? There are twenty four reading passage task cards specifically addressing the key concepts of Economics. These cards are utilized in three different ways to promote fluency within nonfiction texts and to enhance comprehension skills. Students have a recording sheet to use to answer questions (3 questions per card for a total of 72), generate their own questions, summarize important ideas, and review. You could use the task cards for three days and have each student to do all three recording sheets OR this could be differentiated based on specific reading skills that students need to practice.
*Printer friendly, no clipart distractions, perfect for B&W copies! (Also includes a color version!)
*Addresses Georgia Fourth Grade Social Studies standards but -not- specific and and can be used for any state.
Economics Close Reading Passages
Economic Resources Task Cards
$Why should I purchase this passage set?$
• Textbooks aren't what they used to be...if we have them at all. Often textbooks are written well above grade level and simply aren't interested. I use my love of history to make passages engaging and informative for all levels of readers!
• Teach across the curriculum! Show your administration how you integrate and differentiate by implementing during guided reading groups, center time, or in a regular social studies block
• Perfect for last minute print & go sub plans, morning work, & homework
• In my own classroom, they are often used at the end of a unit for review, as study guides, and even test prep
• Have students with accommodations? Instantly assess them at THEIR LEVEL while meeting IEP goals!
How Does This Resource Make Me A Better Teacher?
• Your time is precious & the standards are plentiful
By integrating across content whenever possible, you save time and your students see connections across the curriculum!
• Differentiated Instruction is no longer optional-it is a must!
There is no one-size-fits-all classroom. These passages are an easy way to check that off of your never-ending teacher to-do list!
• Reach your entire class with the same quality content.
Each student in your class deserves a fair chance at the content. Let their passion for science and social studies thrive, regardless of their reading ability. While passages appear very similar, I can assure you hours of researching and writing have occurred on my behalf to ensure that each level is appropriate for your learners.