Do you find that you have more standards to teach than time to teach it? Me too! That’s why I created this Social Studies lesson that combines content with reading and writing. “Economics: Saving and Investing” presents the information students need to understand these financial terms with opportunities to read informational text and respond in writing.
Included in this download:
• a detailed lesson plan
• essential questions wall charts
• vocabulary posters (similar to WBT’s Power Pix)
• informational text – paper and PowerPoint versions
• 2 note-taking templates – a graphic organizer and cloze notes
• discussion questions
• “Saving or Investing?” printable
• constructed-response writing prompt
There are also annotated teacher versions throughout so you can concentrate on what you do best – teaching! Students in my co-teaching classroom enjoyed the variety of activities offered that accessed several multiple intelligences – reading, watching a video, singing, writing, discussing, individual and group activities. There’s something for every learner!
You will receive a .zip file containing everything. Please ensure you unzip/extract all items to use them.
Looking for more economics lessons? Check out the following…
• Economics: Supply and Demand
• Economics: Taxes
• Economics: Opportunity Costs
If you download this product, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Happy Teaching ~ The Reflective Educator