Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
My Full Semester Economics bundle is perfect for the teacher that has been given a new prep. You will get access to my Google Drive Link, and all the videos will be included for PPT’s/Keynotes. It provides you with multiple options for teaching Economics with lots of resources to mix it up!
- What is Economics? - Economic Systems and Decision making - What is Demand
- What is Supply - Prices as signals - Market Structures - Employment, Labor, and Wages - Sources of Government Revenue - Sources of Government Revenue - Money and Banking - Financial Markets - Economic Performance - Economic Stability
- Federal Reserve - Achieving Economic Stability - International Trade - Comparative Economic Systems - Government Spending
"Thank you so much for this wonderful economics bundle full of resources! Will definitely be looking here in the future for more!"
**This bundle is perfect for the teacher that has been given a new prep of Economics. It provides multiple options for teaching economics with lots of resources to mix it up.**
Here is what is included:
- 4 different ways to teach the material
- You will get the google drive
- Google Drive lifetime FREE updates and any new products
- Dropbox download link with lifetime FREE updates and any new products
- All the videos will be included in PPT's/ Keynotes
- Email support for any questions you may have
- 24 years of experience in the classroom and I still teach currently
- New lessons are added all the time, to give you even more options
Things I am working on: ( once you buy you get anything I create for free)
- Homeschool version
- New PPT's for each chapter
- New activities for each chapter
BOOK: Glencoe Economics Principles and Practices ISBN# 0-07-825978-9 2003
Awesome curriculum is great, but awesome teaching makes is greater.
Teacher to Teacher Training Video Series: We are two teachers whose combined experience in the classroom totals 61 years-- and counting. We decided it might be a good idea to share what we have learned so far-- to help you. Included are 35 videos, and downloadable discussion guides.
***PLEASE READ***: You will get a GOOGLE DRIVE / DROPBOX links to download immediately through google drive.
SHIPPED GOODS If you are interested in a shipped good/thumb drive please let me know as I can ship it out to you for $10.00.
RETURNS: I will not be doing any returns on this item for obvious reasons.
Here is what is included:
- 0. Directions - A guide on how to use this bundle and what is included. I recently just updated this.
- 1. Intro to Semester- Syllabus, weekly schedule and monthly plans of what I teach and when I teach it.
- 2. Personal Finance-
A. Personal Finance in Bitesize - 21 Lessons
Each lesson comes with the following:
- Lesson Plan - 2 separate version - printable long view - chart for the week
- PPT overview ( 2 slides)
- Teacher guide
- 3 situations to go over with the students
- Bonus: Dave Ramsey clip to share with the students
B. Financial Fitness - 22 Lessons on a variety of topics
C. Learning from the Market / Personal Finance - This will go with the stock market but also has some good info on personal finance as well.
D. Financial Fitness Lesson- great one day lesson on the rule of 72
E. Personal Finance Assessment - 31 question personal finance assessment with the key.
F. Personal Finance Game- Cash Crunch Dominoes is a fun and exciting way to learn about money. (NEW)
G. Additional Personal Finance Resources
1. Every Dollar Guide to budgeting from Dave Ramsey
2. H&R Block Dollars and Sense Lessons – 5 lessons
3. 101 Ways to build wealth – This is a money magazine article that is good food for thought for the students.
4. Personal Finance Links - 69 links from the South Dakota Department of education.
5. The Turtle and the Hare financial fable – this is just a fun analogy of how we should be investing our money.
- 3. Common Core Economics- 25 Common Core Economics lessons with PPT/Keynotes with quizzes and final and review sheet. I also just added google slide versions of all PPT/Keynotes.
- 4. We the Economy- 20 short 5-8 minute films that deal with a variety of topics from Economics. This would be a great follow up to any of the units in the book. (from folder #5)
1. I have created some short video guides to use while showing these films.
2. I have also included a key for each of the guides.
3. For the episodes I thought were a bit childish or not appropriate for this level I have included a generic guide.
- 5. Economics Direct Teaching- chapters broken up into Micro and Maco with tests/quizzes and videos included plus a semester final. For each PPT I have also included a student note-taking guide to keep the students focused on what is being taught. ( NEW PPT's are being made as we speak see sample in the link above in folder 7)
1. Micro: This is the collection of chapters that focus on the smaller parts of the economy. Each chapter includes a direct teaching component, videos from the PPT, lessons, and quizzes that go with each chapter. With each chapter, I typically use Mondays for Current Events and then spend 3 days of the week on the teaching and Fridays is for quizzes and working on projects or books that are being read.
2. Macro: This is a collection of chapters dealing with the chapter as a whole. Each chapter includes a direct teaching component, videos from the PPT, lessons, and quizzes that go with each chapter. With each chapter, I typically use Mondays for Current Events and then spend 3 days of the week on the teaching and Fridays is for quizzes and working on projects or books that are being read.
**Some chapters do not have quizzes or tests or even lessons as I do not focus on those chapters as time is very limited.
3. Semester Final: Includes review sheet and final and review sheet.
4. Econ Daily Lecture / Activities – This is a very simple version of the Micro/Macro activities from above. There is a PDF version of the book with this in case you want to pursue this for a simple version of economics. I would consider doing this with a workshop or Special Ed class.
5. 20 Additional Lessons: Not sure where I got this but it is a good supplement to what I am doing in case I need something quick to support the chapter I am teaching
- 6. Economics Projects- These are 10 projects to be used during the course of the semester. There is no way to do all of them but you can pick and choose which best fits your students.
1. Stock Project
2. Board Game Project
3. Khan Academy Entrepreneurship Project
4. Entrepreneur Project
5. The Gift Assignment
6. Economics Book Writing Project
7. Performance Task
8. Portfolio Project
9. Theme Park Project
10. Blog Project
- 7. Reflection of the semester- and final write up on the semester.
- 8. Resume and Cover letter- a how-to guide to writing a resume and a cover letter. This goes with the portfolio project.
- 9. Economics Brain Teasers- Just fun things for students to think about
- 10. Quotes and advice - Les Brown quotes and other useful info for seniors
- 11. Links to some videos for Econ-
1. Video Links -
ACDC Leadership / Banks of US / Banking videos / Federal Reserve / Gold Standard / Great Depression / How the Economy works / Scarcity / School House Rock / Taxes / Trading and Bartering / unemployment /
2. Movie Guides-
1. The Ultimate Gift
2. Hudsucker Proxy
3. Great article on using film in the classroom
4. List of potential Economics movies is included
3. TV Series-
1. The Profit
2. The Apprentice- general guide
-12. Books Projects- I have the students read a number of books throughout the semester. I would pick two that you feel are good if the students are AP. If it is a regular group of kids I would just have them read one book. Probably Rich Dad Poor Dad would be best.
1. 4 Hour Work Week –
2. 5 Dysfunctions of a team –
3. Entrepreneurship short books –
4. Naked Economics-Basic Economics stuff on how the economy works in a really simplistic way. I have included quizzes with this as well. (** HIGHLY RECOMMEND**)
5. Rich Dad Poor Dad- The power of Real Estate
6. Think and Grow Rich – How to use your resources to the best of your ability
7. Zappos: Delivering Happiness- About working at an amazing company
13. Crash Course Videos and Guide- will be broken down into Micro and Macro video guides. There will be 35 in total and are a great way to start out a unit or close off a unit of concept.
14. Crash Course Study Skills Bonus- CRASH COURSE STUDY SKILLS EP. 1-10 BUNDLE
TRADITIONAL CHAPTERS LIST:
For most chapters, I have the work for each unit that needs to be done. I also have tests and quizzes, lessons that I think are important and any videos that I may have used in the PPT that is included.
- What is Economics?
- Economic Systems and Decision making
- What is Demand
- What is Supply
- Prices as signals
- Market Structures
- Employment, Labor, and Wages
- Sources of Government Revenue
- Sources of Government Revenue
- Money and Banking
- Financial Markets
- Economic Performance
- Economic Stability
- Federal Reserve
- Achieving Economic Stability
- International Trade
- Comparative Economic Systems
- Government Spending
Make sure to check out my blog: Social Studies MegaStore Blog
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment on the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Do you like this style of teaching? Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
© Social Studies MegaStore. This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote