Also included in
- In this Project Based Learning Science and Social Studies Bundle you will have everything you need to teach PBL this year! Creating these units are time consuming for any teacher and this bundle will save you hours and hours of work, planning and your time. We take the boring and make PBL fun and ea$43.94$58.25Save $14.31
This is an entire Project Based Learning Unit on ECONOMICS and FINANCIAL LITERACY. It takes a teacher and their class, step by step throughout the entire Economics Curriculum. Don’t let planning PBL Units stress you out! This unit is all set for your entire planning. It will save you hours of your time.
Some Lessons are now DIGITAL
Economics For Kids helps students gain life skills in problem solving, investigating, financial literacy and engages them in challenges. We start a classroom economy and then teach on goods and services, profit and loss, supply and demand, needs and wants, business plans, advertising, marketing, adding and subtracting with money, how to keep a ledger, business planning and so much more!
The students get to start their own small business using all the skills and new ones that they will learn along the way.
The best part is the ending project which is a Classroom Marketplace, students get to open their own store and sell their goods or services to other people or to classmates. It makes the unit come to full circle.
1st Grade: TEKS 1.9A, 1.9B, 1.9C, 1.9D
2nd Grade: TEKS 2.11A, 2.11B, 2.11D, 2.11E, 2.11F
3rd Grade: TEKS 2.9B, 2.9C, 2.9D, 2.9F
This unit integrates math, social studies, ELA and writing. The entire unit takes approximately 4-5 weeks but can be extended longer or cut shorter.
All materials are included.
- Step by Step Detailed lesson plans for the entire unit. All the planning has been laid out for you.
- Some Lessons are DIGITAL
- Over 180 usable pages (includes Black and White Versions)
- Class Economy System to use throughout the unit
- Needs and Wants Lessons (Includes Colored Picture Cards for ESL Students) This is DIGITAL as well
- Producer and Consumer Mini Lesson. It goes over exactly what is a producer and a consumer.
- Goods and Services Activities
- Supply and Demand Lesson Activities (This is DIGITAL as well)
- Limited Resources and Scarcity Interactive Lesson using group work (This is DIGITAL as well)
- Farm to Table Lessons
- Rubric for the Final Project
- Answer keys
- 34 Page Narrative E-Book about two kids who start their own small business. It teaches Financial Literacy, vocabulary and walks the students through the process of starting their own business.
- Full Business Plan For Students (This includes a new business booklet that is 31 pages with all the information that they need to start their new business. It can all be done in class)
- Black and White Version as well
- Follows Numerous TEKS Financial Literacy Standards
This unit is based off of using PBL, Project Based Learning. PBL is a student centered learning model in which students work on a project for an extended period of time. I. It integrates math, technology, social studies, ELA and writing.
However, you do not need to be a PBL classroom to use it!
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love FEEDBACK!
As always, please contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Special Treat Friday, Heather McKinsey
"My kiddos went crazy for this unit! Absolutely one of the best things I've brought
into my classroom!" -- Teaching with Technology
"I love how detailed this unit is! I am using it to help supplement what our textbook
does not already provide. I can't wait to do the final marketplace project!" -
"This is my first PBL and I am so pleased with this product. It covered the basic
concepts before setting up a business. I love that the project is set up in a way
where it can be edited in what you use. The story that accompanies the
package is great." Teacher Cici