Economy of the Northeast U.S. - A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction
Economy of the Northeast U.S. – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: A SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with one fully interactive presentation slide that is also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook (For example - After matching definitions with pictures, definitions may be secured to interactive notebook and edge of matching picture can be secured on top of it so it may be flipped up for study purposes). Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (industry, service, urban, suburban, and megalopolis).
• Resources of the Northeast
• Beginning use of factories, Samuel Slater, and Francis Lowell
• Modern industry in the Northeast
• Types of service industry in the Northeast
• Urban, suburban, and megalopolis areas
The last slide is white-background and used for the printable. The printable is already in PDF form in the package. The white-background page is not included in the total pages. I include it in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slide and printable:
• The activity has students identify Northeast economic terminology and states of the Northeast through a matching activity. The vocabulary/states include (Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Deleware, Vermont, Maryland, Rhode Island, industry, urban, suburban, megalopolis, Samuel Slater, and Francis Lowell ).