Also included in
- 5th Grade Physical Science Bundle: This resource covers all the 5th grade NGSS standards for physical science. Fifth grade students will love these engaging hands-on labs and reading passages. Save 20% on these resources by purchasing this bundle. This bundle of resources aligned with NGSS and CCSS$22.00$27.50Save $5.50
- This HUGE Bundle addresses the Utah SEEd strand 6.4 Stability and Change in Ecosystems. This HUGE Bundle addresses the NGSS MS LS Interactions, Energy, and Dynamics. Students will learn about interactions between organisms, cycling of matter and flow of energy, physical and biological components of$46.00$57.50Save $11.50
- This HUGE Bundle addresses the NGSS MS LS Interactions, Energy, and Dynamics. Students will learn about interactions between organisms, cycling of matter and flow of energy, physical and biological components of an ecosystem, and designing a solution to address an ecological problem.Bundle Includes:$46.00$57.50Save $11.50
- 5th Grade Utah SEEd Bundle: This is a year's worth of lessons and units that address all of the Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Save 20% by purchasing together! You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? These units use ph$107.28$134.10Save $26.82
- This is a year-long bundle for 5th grade NGSS. This bundle covers all the standards for the year for fifth grade NGSS. These resources will engage students in hands-on lessons in the 5 E format. Resources also include response pages, informational text articles, interactive notebook inserts, compre$92.60$115.75Save $23.15
- This NGSS 5th-grade bundle covers the entire year of NGSS standards for fifth grade. This bundle also includes reading informational text units with a science theme. Purchase in the bundle and save 20%. You will love this great bundle for fifth grade science.Science Resources in this Bundle:Identify$134.20$167.25Save $33.05
This resource includes 48 sorting cards that include producers, primary consumers, secondary consumers and decomposers. Animal and plant species are native to North America.
This resource is designed to address the Disciplinary Core Ideas for NGSS Ecosystem: Interactions, Energy and dynamics.
The resource also includes 6 task cards with self checking activities and optional response sheets.
Great for small groups, partner work, centers and fast finishers.
Science Concepts include:
producers, consumers, decomposers
herbivore, carnivore, omnivore
autotrophs and heterotrophs
NGSS 5-PS3-1. Use models to describe that energy in animals’ food (used for body repair, growth, motion, and to maintain body
warmth) was once energy from the sun.
NGSS 5-LS2-1. Develop a model to describe the movement of matter among plants, animals, decomposers, and the environment.
Also aligned with
Utah SEEd 5th Grade:
5.3.2 Obtain, evaluate, and communicate information that animals obtain r from the food they eat for body repair, growth, and motion and to maintain body warmth. Emphasize that the energy used by animals was once energy from the Sun. Cellular respiration will be taught in Grades 6 through
5.3.3 Develop and use a model to describe the movement of among plants, animals, decomposers, and the environment. Emphasize that matter cycles between the air and soil and among plants, animals, and microbes as these organisms live and die. Examples could include simple food chains from ecosystems such as deserts or oceans or diagrams of decomposers returning matter to the environment.
Also Aligns with Utah SEEd 6th grade
6.4.3 Develop a model to describe the and among living and nonliving parts of an ecosystem.
NGSS MS LS2-3 Develop a model to describe the cycling of matter and flow of energy among living and nonliving parts of an ecosystem.
Please look at some of my other science resources: