This includes a independent project study for students to complete while exploring the ecosystem of their choice. By completeing the project students will demonstrate knowledge of the following learning targets:
• I can distinguish abiotic and biotic factors.
• I can explain limiting factors and carrying capacity, and I can draw conclusions about how limiting factors and carrying capacity affect population.
• I can describe the three main types of organisms (producer, consumer, and decomposer).
• I can describe how energy flows within an ecosystem and I can analyze the parts of a food chain, food web and energy pyramid and their effect on energy flow in an ecosystem.
• I can recognize the four main types of symbiotic relationships: parasitism, mutualism, commensalism, and co-evolution.
The project comes with a rubric, in which students can self-evaluate and teachers can easily/ quickly grade for accuracy.