Ecosystem Project - Biome Diorama for Ecology
Students will learn about abiotic and biotic factors in ecosystems and apply knowledge of food webs and food chains in a biome with this week-long project to create a 3-d diorama or BIORAMA of a biome of their choosing!
What students will do:
* Choose a particular land or water biome for their project
* Research various abiotic and biotic factors of their biome
* Demonstrate knowledge of food chains and webs of their biome.
* Create a 3-d diorama of their biome using the rubric provided. This project can also be purchased in our Biomes of the World
Buy this lesson on its own or GO BIG and buy it in our 6-7 week long Ecology Bundled Unit: PowerPoint and ALL Handouts
a 4-5 week long unit is composed of 130+ slide PowerPoint and 40+ pages of handouts which includes all FOUR sections and the accompanying study guide:
1. What's in an Ecosystem- intro to Ecology
2. Food Chains & Food Webs
3. Interactions Among Living Things
4. Biomes of the World
5. Study Guide for Ecology Unit
Consider using this with some of our other products in our store:
- Ecology Think Tickets: Task Cards for Science Exploration
- Ecology Scavenger Hunt Activity for INBs
- Ecology Word Wall
- Cootie Catcher / Fortune Teller: Life Science Vocabulary Bundle
which includes several Ecology cootie catchers.
Click this link to find out how this lesson fits with your NGSS, TEKS or GSE Science Classroom
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Ecology Project: Biome and Ecosystem Diorama Project- Biorama! by © Getting Nerdy, LLC