Ecosystems – A Fourth Grade PowerPoint Jumbo Pack is a PowerPoint 4th grade level instructional presentation
This lesson focuses on an introduction to ecosystems. It includes: a PowerPoint presentation of the text emphasizing ecosystem introduction, biomes, and ecosystem relationships.
The presentation includes:
• Ecosystem introduction
• Populations and communities
• Biomes (grasslands, deciduous forest, tropical rain forest, desert, taiga, and tundra
• Water ecosystems (freshwater, estuaries, wetlands, and oceans
• Producers, consumers, and decomposers
• Land and water food chains
• Food webs
• Energy pyramids
• Vocabulary includes (biotic factors, abiotic factors, ecosystem, habitat, population, community, biome, grassland, deciduous forest, rainforest, desert, taiga, tundra, producer, consumer, decomposer, food chain, food web, competition, and energy pyramid).
There are four editable S activities that are included in the presentation. These activities are also included in PDF files to print out and issue as classwork or homework.
• Activity one has students identifying/marking the abiotic and biotic factors in a picture of a pond ecosystem
• Activity two has students identifying the characteristics of the six biomes
• Activity three has students identifying the members of an arctic community based on descriptions
• Activity four has students completing a food web