- All 3 Units included in this bundle: Structures, Processes, and Interactions of Organisms, , Ecosystems, and Biomes. Buy all 3 together in this bundle and save. A variety of engaging activities included: Structures, Processes, and Interactions of Organisms Activity 1: Life Cycles: Students wor$20.00$12.80Save $7.20
- This bundle includes 11 units for teaching science all year long! We all struggle to find time to fit science in; use these quick and easy units to engage your students in a variety of science inquiries and activities. Aligned to current science standards. These units are appropriate for grades 3$59.30$37.70Save $21.60
- This is it!!! Your entire 5th grade year of science. By teaching these 6 units, you will be covering all of the content standards of the Next Generation Science Standards, as well as the engineering standards for grades 3-5. Each unit is packed full of inquiry based activities, integrated languag$52.60$33.66Save $18.94
- This bundle was designed to address these 5th Grade NGSS Standards:5-LS2-1. Develop a model to describe the movement of matter among plants, animals, decomposers, and the environment.5-PS3-1. Use models to describe that energy in animals’ food (used for body repair, growth, motion, and to maintain b$10.00$6.40Save $3.60
- This product has everything you need to teach the Next Generation Science Standards for 5th Grade. Included in this product are 6 hands on units that teach all of the NGSS standards for 5th grade, as well as PowerPoints to support each of the hands on units. To see a detailed description of what's$72.60$46.46Save $26.14
Students will be able to give examples of both food chains and food webs. Students will become familiar with vocabulary related to ecosystems and the transfer of energy.
- Product Description
This engaging unit helps students learn concepts associated with Ecosystems, food chains and webs through inquiry-based activities. 6 activities are included in this mini unit:
1. What's For Dinner: Students trace their dinner back through food chains to find the ultimate source of energy, the sun.
2. Making Chains: Students work cooperatively to create food chains using a variety of animal cards. They choose one to make into a chain.
3. Tangled Web: Students investigate the overlapping of chains to create webs.
4. Pass The Energy: This fun kinesthetic activity gets kids up and moving and simulating the transfer of energy within an ecosystem.
5. Order in The Forest: Students learn important vocabulary through a 2 part inquiry activity
6. To review vocabulary from the unit, students play Ecosystems Bingo
Word Wall Cards and Activities
Post Test and Grading Rubric
An informational powerpoint on Ecosystems is also available in my store. Check that out here.
You can also purchase a bundle that includes this unit as well as the powerpoint. Check that out here.
Activities are aligned to Next Generation Science Standards.
Please leave feedback (You can earn TpT credits for future purchases) and consider following my store! Thanks!
Do you teach 5th grade and follow NGSS? This product is also available in a 5th grade Entire Year Bundle covering all NGSS standards for 5th grade. Check it out here:
This product is also available as part of an Animals Bundle with Biomes and Adaptations. Check it out for savings:
If you like this download, you might also like these products: