This engaging unit helps students learn concepts associated with Ecosystems, food chains and webs through inquiry-based activities. 6 activities are included in this mini unit:
1. What's For Dinner: Students trace their dinner back through food chains to find the ultimate source of energy, the sun.
2. Making Chains: Students work cooperatively to create food chains using a variety of animal cards. They choose one to make into a chain.
3. Tangled Web: Students investigate the overlapping of chains to create webs.
4. Pass The Energy: This fun kinesthetic activity gets kids up and moving and simulating the transfer of energy within an ecosystem.
5. Order in The Forest: Students learn important vocabulary through a 2 part inquiry activity
6. To review vocabulary from the unit, students play Ecosystems Bingo
Word Wall Cards and Activities
Post Test and Grading Rubric
Activities are aligned to Next Generation Science Standards.
Please leave feedback (You can earn TpT credits for future purchases) and consider following my store! Thanks!
Do you teach 5th grade and follow NGSS? This product is also available in a 5th grade Entire Year Bundle covering all NGSS standards for 5th grade. Check it out here:
5th Grade Entire Year
This product is also available as part of an Animals Bundle with Biomes and Adaptations. Check it out for savings:
Animals Bundle: Adaptations, Ecosystems, and Biomes
If you like this download, you might also like these products:
States of Matter
Properties of Matter
Physical and Chemical Changes
Heredity and Traits
Air and Air Pressure Centers
Integrated Weather Mini Unit
Space Thematic Unit
Magnetism and Electromagnets
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Weathering and Erosion
Earth's Crust and the Rock Cycle
Earth Science Bundle