PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
2.99 MB | 25 pages
This engaging mini-unit helps students learn concepts associated with Ecosystems, food chains and webs through inquiry-based activities. 6 activities are included in this mini unit:
1. What's For Dinner: Students trace their dinner back through food chains to find the ultimate source of energy, the sun.
2. Making Chains: Students work cooperatively to create food chains using a variety of animal cards. They choose one to make into a chain.
3. Tangled Web: Students investigate the overlapping of chains to create webs.
4. Pass The Energy: This fun kinesthetic activity gets kids up and moving and simulating the transfer of energy within an ecosystem.
5. Order in The Forest: Students learn important vocabulary through a 2 part inquiry activity
6. To review vocabulary from the unit, students play Ecosystems Bingo
Activities are aligned to Next Generation Science Standards.
Please leave feedback (You can earn TpT credits for future purchases) and consider following my store! Thanks!
This product is also available as part of a bundle with Biomes and Adaptations. Check it out for savings: