Ecosystems Interactions - Food Webs - Food Chains - Worksheets
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This HUGE Bundle addresses the NGSS MS LS Interactions, Energy, and Dynamics. Students will learn about interactions between organisms, cycling of matter and flow of energy, physical and biological components of an ecosystem, and designing a solution to address an ecological problem.Bundle Includes:Price $43.79Original Price $54.74Save $10.95
- This NGSS 5th-grade bundle covers the entire year of NGSS standards for fifth grade. This bundle also includes reading informational text units with a science theme. Purchase in the bundle and save 20%. You will love this great bundle for fifth-grade science. Get NGSS Resources from someone who undePrice $123.63Original Price $154.54Save $30.91
- 5th Grade Utah SEEd Bundle: This is a year's worth of lessons and units that address all of the Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Save 20% by purchasing together! You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? These units use phPrice $108.23Original Price $135.29Save $27.06
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 5th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 5th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources who reallyPrice $76.64Original Price $95.05Save $18.41
- NGSS Fifth Grade Bundle: This bundle covers all the standards for NGSS 5th grade for the entire year. Each unit is complete and addresses a standard. You save 20% by purchasing this bundle for fifth-grade science. This year-long 5th-grade science bundle is outstanding! If you teach 5th grade in anPrice $71.16Original Price $91.80Save $20.64
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 6th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses a Utah SEEd standard for 6th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 6th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources who reallPrice $95.80Original Price $119.25Save $23.45
- This bundle meets Matter and Energy in Organisms and Ecosystems for middle school science. How do matter and energy move through organisms in ecosystems? How are energy and matter moved from the Sun to plants to organisms that eat the plants? This complete bundle for Middle school addresses all thePrice $37.00Original Price $46.00Save $9.00
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 8th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 8th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 8th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources wPrice $106.00Original Price $132.50Save $26.50
- Do you want to save time in planning for middle school science? This Middle School Science Bundle addresses all the DCIs for Middle School NGSS. This is a huge resource that addresses all the NGSS standards for Middle School Science! Save 30% by purchasing this bundle! Get back to the fun of teachinPrice $296.31Original Price $418.80Save $122.49
- This is a bundle for 7th Grade: NGSS Integrated Model. This bundle covers the PEs and standards for NGSS for 7th grade in California and other states using the NGSS Integrated Model. Purchase of this bundle will save you 20% on these science resources. If your state uses the integrated model, you nePrice $99.80Original Price $124.75Save $24.95
- Do you teach life science in middle school? Purchase together here and save 20%. This resource is designed to meet the NGSS Disciplinary Core Ideas: This bundle covers all the life science standards for middle school NGSS. LS1: From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes, LS2: InteractionPrice $107.40Original Price $133.25Save $25.85
- This is a custom bundle for the Arizona Science Standards for 6th Grade. This resource covers all the standards for Arizona Science 6th Grade. Arizona has a specific set of standards that align with the resources I have included. Each standard is addressed by one or more resources. Based on the ArizPrice $78.00Original Price $97.50Save $19.50
Do you want to give your students some interesting activities on Food Webs? Students will make a model by building food webs and food chains to show the energy flow within an ecosystem! Students will love sorting these 72 food web cards and will love the food web worksheets. See more about how energy flows in an ecosystem.
This resource includes
- Slideshow on how energy moves through an ecosystem
- Lesson plans
- Vocabulary puzzle activities
- Food Web worksheets
- Answer keys
- Sorting Cards
- Task Cards
Teachers Love This Resource!
Jennifer⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Extremely Satisfied
I absolutely loved this resource. My students worked individually to come up with a web, then we put the web they liked best on the board. There are several options available to create models and work to meet the standards for NGSS.
Tina ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Extremely Satisfied
Just love the way the author really ties to the standard and has it so well planned out. The suggested schedule is really great. No busy work here. This is a rich standards-based unit. Just what I have come to expect from this author.
Students will learn that energy flows through an ecosystem and that we can make a model of this transfer of energy by creating food chains and food webs.
The task cards include six tasks
Sorting Type of Organism
Sorting Trophic Level
Sorting herbivores, carnivores, omnivores
Building a model of energy flow in a Food Web
Building a model of energy flow in a Food Chain
Making a Food Web and Labeling the Parts
Reference Notes are provided so students can research what each organism eats.
This resource also includes a two-page assessment in a multiple-choice format quiz.
This ecosystem resource is great for practicing the concept of energy flow in an ecosystem, food webs, and food chains. Students will see the interconnectedness and relationships between organisms within a food web. The ecosystem worksheets are also helpful.
Save 20% by purchasing in this bundle Matter and Energy in Organisms and Ecosystems LS1 Strand Bundle
Students will use the following Science concepts and practices:
Making a Model
Analyzing and interpreting data
Engaging in argument from evidence
Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
The movement of matter among plants, animals decomposers in the environment.
Using models to describe the movement of energy along the food chain
The following NGSS standards are addressed:
NGSS 5-LS2-1 Develop a model to describe the movement of matter among plants, animals, decomposers, and the environment.
NGSS 5-PS3-1 Use models to describe that energy in animals’ food (used for body repair, growth, and motion and to maintain body warmth) was once energy from the sun.
NGSS MS LS2-3 Develop a model to describe the cycling of matter and flow of energy among living and nonliving parts of an ecosystem.
Utah SEEd 5.3.2 Obtain, evaluate, and communicate information that animals obtain r from the food they eat for body repair, growth, and motion and to maintain body warmth.
Utah SEEd 5.3.3 Develop and use a model to describe the movement of among plants, animals, decomposers, and the environment. Emphasize that matter cycles between the air and soil and among plants, animals, and microbes as these organisms live and die
Utah SEEd 6.4.3 Develop a model to describe the and among living and nonliving parts of an ecosystem. Emphasize food webs and the role of producers, consumers, and decomposers in various ecosystems.
Save 20% by Purchasing in the Bundle Utah SEEd 6th Grade Year Long
Created by Lynda R. Williams
- Follow me! My resources are always 50% off the first 24 hours after I post.
- Be sure to leave feedback on this and other purchases so that you earn TPT credits!
You will love these other great resources:
NGSS STEM Engineering Challenges 3-5-ETS1-1, 3-5-ETS1-2 and 3-5-ETS1-3
Genetics, Mutations and Trait Advantages NGSS MS LS3-1 and MS LS3-2
Earth'sPlace in the Universe 5th Grade NGSS 5-ESS1-1 and 5-ESS1-2