TSW research, explore and text how organisms depend on each other to survive.
Learning about ecosystems is a big part of the 2nd grade Next Gen Science Standards. This 3 week in-depth unit gives students hands on activities, STEM challenges and literacy connections, to help them understand the big idea, "Organisms depend on each other."
See this HUGE 100+ page unit in action coming soon ON THE BLOG!
THE FOLLOWING NEXT GEN STANDARDS ARE ADDRESSED:
• Ecosystems: 2-LS4-1, 2-LS2-1, 2-LS2-2
INCLUDED IN THIS UNIT
• unit outline with the big idea and essential question for each week
• weekly detailed lesson plans
• 12 objective cards plus a blank objective card
• 10 writing prompt pages
• ecosystems vocab word find
• ecosystems vocab crossword puzzle
• 12 vocabulary word wall cards and definitions to use for matching word and definitions or find your partner games
• Anchor Chart Templates in full color and BW: ecosystem circle map, forest, wetland, desert, tundra, grassland, rain forest, coral reef, seeds can be..., seeds on the move, the cactus hotel, our school ecosystem, invent me (STEM)
• answer keys when needed
• ecosystems venn diagram and comparing ecosystems activity
• ecosystem shared research small group project with QR codes or website links to articles for research
• Build-A-Lab: Design a plant experiment to determine plant needs for survival
• "Seeds can be..." interactive/digital sort and BW master sort
• Seeds on the Move interactive/digital sort and BW master sort
• STEM Challenge direction slides (problem, plan, build, share, publish), planning pages, and publishing pages: Model Pollinators
• The Cactus Hotel Interdependence: cut and paste activity, writing prompts, craftivity
• Science Experiment Labs: Sock Walk
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2018, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!