This set of science paired passages includes a nonfiction passage and a fictional newspaper passage about ecosystems. The passages would be a great supplement for teaching the concept of ecosystems, producers, consumers, and decomposers. Pick and choose what close reading activities your students need the most. You could use them all and allow the passage to serve as close reading material for a week. These can be used for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade students.
Your Purchase Will Include:
- 1 nonfiction passage
- 1 fictional newspaper passage
- 10 multiple choice comprehension questions
- Full page anchor chart for reading paired passages
- Mini anchor charts for reading paired passages
- Compare and contrast organizer and short answer question
- Main idea cut and sort
- Written response tasks for each passage
- Context clues task
- Evidence from the text organizer
- Visualizing task
- 3 Writing Prompts for Narrative, Persuasive, and Informational writing
- Pacing Guide
Take a peek at the preview for a better picture of what is included!
If you own the Science Paired Passage Bundle 2
, please do not purchase this. You already own it. If you are interested in the bundle, click here.
Other Products Available In My Store:
Simple Machines Paired Passages
Soil, Weathering, and Erosion Paired Passages
Solar System and Moon Phases Paired Passages
Force and Motion Paired Passages
Earn TPT Credits for Your Future Purchases:
- Go to your “My Purchases” page and click “Provide Feedback.”
To Be the First to Know About New Products and Freebies:
- Click the green star to follow me!