Also included in
- Each of the ten Life Science lessons takes students through a warm-up, reading passage, independent activity, extension activities, and an assessment. Students begin the lesson with a warm-up graphic organizer or puzzle. They then read a passage and complete an engaging activity over the topic.For e$45.00$50.00Save $5.00
- The sub plans bundle includes the Physical Science, Life Science, and Earth and Space Science sub plans. Each of the 30 science lessons takes students through a warm-up, reading passage, independent activity, extension activities, and an assessment. Students begin the lesson with a warm-up graphic$89.99$150.00Save $60.01
This ecosystems lesson takes students through a warm-up, reading passage, independent activity, extension activities, and an assessment.
Students begin the ecosystems lesson with a warm-up puzzle. They then read a passage and create an infographic from the ecosystems article. Next, they use a graphic organizer to break down some of the ecosystems vocabulary such as biome, predator, prey, producer, and consumer.
For early finishers, there are extensions to either choose a biome and describe the characteristics of the ecosystem, or complete a Venn diagram about ecosystems and biomes. Students end the ecosystems lesson with an assessment activity or exit ticket.
There are extensive instructions and support for substitutes included for the in-class versions. The distance learning version includes a Google Form answer sheet.
The Science Sub Plans are complete lessons designed to make your day out of the class a breeze for you, your students, and the substitute teacher. They are also perfect for distance learning.
INCLUDED IN EVERY LESSON
- Engaging activities that remove all downtime
- Substitute directions and letter from you to the sub
- Answer keys
- Letter of instructions for your students
- Behavior check-points throughout the lesson
- Engaging warm-up
- Comprehensive lesson over ecosystems
- Extension activities for early finishers
- Summative assessments
- A class set of handouts for teachers of multiple sections
- Student PDF for distance learning or use in an LMS such as Google Classroom
- Student PDF that can be used for online annotation with products such as Kami
- Google form and printable answer sheet
- Editable versions of documents
The sub plans have been updated to include options for distance learning. I’ve made it easy for you to send your students a student-only PDF and a link to a Google Form to record their answers. You could also send the student-only PDF and have them annotate right on top of the file if your school uses PDF editors. These are great materials for remote learning and at-home assignments.
- The middle school science sub plans are designed to be student-centered. Each activity is thoughtfully created with a substitute teacher in mind.
- Your substitute will think you are a rockstar after reviewing the lesson for the day. Each plan has teacher directions, a letter from you to the students, student expectations, engaging activities, academic and behavior checkpoints, answer keys, and more.
- Each of the lessons can be used in a variety of ways. They can be left for a substitute, sent to students in ISS, given as homework or extra credit, or used in a small group setting.