Energy Flow / Plant Adaptations / Limiting Factors / Biomes
*The two power points included contain 388 slides covering the Ecosystems Unit.
The Topics are:
1. Energy Flow / Food Chains / Food Webs / Energy Pyramids
2. Producers / Consumers / Decomposers
3. Types of Consumers
4. Matter Cycles (Water, Nitrogen, Carbon and Oxygen Cycle)
5. Plant Adaptations
6. Tropisms / Dormancy / Germination
7. Biotic / Abiotic
8. Limiting Factors
9. Types of Biomes
This is specifically tied to North Carolina Essential Standards, or NC Essential Standards for 6th grade. The PPT is designed to cover in detail the unpacked standards.
However, this is an awesome teaching tool for any unit focusing on Ecosystems. This will certainly fit most states standards.
Included in the PPT are:
-Printable unpacked standards
-Pre-Test and Post-Test with answer keys
-3 vocab quizzes with keys
-3 sets of guided notes for students who need modifications with answer keys to go along with PPT teaching
- 5 Worksheets
- Directions to create an Energy Pyramid
- Bingo Review
- Link to Quizizz Review created by me to match this unit
- unit PowerPoint (269 slides) teaching in detail the unpacked standards this unit and necessary background information! Things that I require my students to write in their notes are in red.
Everything is completely editable. Power Point and PDF versions available upon download. May also email me to receive in Google Slides Format.
Please look at preview to see what you're getting!
Also check out my word wall that goes along with this unit.
Ecosystems Vocabulary Word Wall
Or my year long bundled word wall covering all 7 units of 6th grade NC Science for a savings of $6.00!
Bundled Science Word Wall
I have now listed a bundle of ALL of my science units as well as the word wall. Purchasing as a bundle will save you over 10%!
Science Year Long Bundle